Quick thoughts on the 30th Cu24 and 85/15s

imagejpg1_zps09a66680.jpg

May I inquire which dealer you saw said Killer Artist tops?

Chuck Levin's. Those guys are great to deal with.

That looks so much nicer in your real world pics than dealer pics.......very hot.

Yeah...on the one hand, you have places like Wildwood or Willcutt that do the super saturated pictures with a black background that look great, but not so accurate in terms of how the thing looks in real life (no disrespect intended towards them...they are great dealers,) On the other hand, you get dealers with washed out pictures that aren't high resolution that don't do the guitar justice. Not sure why, but I think that most owner posted pictures do tend to be more realistic.

I was jealous when you said you got to play them.

The pics brought it to a new level.

Congrats and great looking guitar.

Thanks! I'll be playing it with the band tonight...we'll see how well it works out in that setting. I'm curious to know exactly what these 85/15's are. I think that I attribute much of what I like about this thing to how well it works with the variety of amps and pedals I have, and I'm assuming that the pickups play a large role in that.

Yeah...well... I was trying to be funny in that sort of way that only is funny to me....

And purloining isn't a stretch at all in this case as it turned out...

DSC_1172_zpsd4f0c008.jpg

DSC_1173_zps17fbbcab.jpg

DSC_1176_zpscc7a2e7d.jpg

Sweet Jesus, that is one of the most amazing looking guitars I've ever seen, period!!

That white purfling look absolutely great in real world picture! I love the headstock, no, actually the whole package is incredible!

Would love to hear the sample of 85/15 as well, if that mean 1985/2015 and represent those classic sound from'80, I would be damnnn!

Played the guitar with the band, and it really is outstanding. Looks are one thing, but performance is what counts. Not having played (other than noodling around in a store) other versions of the CU24, I can't say how much is the CU24 in general, and how much is the new 85/15 pickups (and wiring and electronics...) But response of volume and tone controls through their range is darn near perfect. I've even pulled some pedals out of the scrap heap that I've tended to hate (like the Plimsoul) because they now sound great with the CU24. And here I always thought that I didn't like CU24s. I did get lost on the upper range of the fretboard a couple of times, but after a few songs, that sorted itself out...

That white purfling look absolutely great in real world picture! I love the headstock, no, actually the whole package is incredible!

Would love to hear the sample of 85/15 as well, if that mean 1985/2015 and represent those classic sound from'80, I would be damnnn!
รอฟังอยู่เหมือนกันครับ

Back