Quick thoughts on the 30th Cu24 and 85/15s

aristotle

I had a chance to play both the Artist appointment and straight 30th CU24 today, along with a straight CU24 with 59/09s.

For my tastes, I liked the 30th version (both Artist grade and regular) better than the 59/09 version...but it's not like it was night and day. I'd say that the 85/15s were closer to a 57/08, but without A/B'ing them against a 57/08 version, I don't know for sure. All that I do know is that they sounded great, I liked the splits better, and I definitely liked the middle position better than on the 59/09 version.

As to the looks, I happen to really like the way that they are decked out. The purloining (or whatever you call it) definitely won't be a good thing for some people's tastes, but I really think it goes well with the guitar.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

You're thinking of purfling. Purloining is, well...

purloin verb formal the scoundrels who purloined our tractor: steal, thieve, rob, take, snatch, pilfer, loot, appropriate; informal swipe, nab, rip off, lift, “liberate”, “borrow”, filch, snaffle, pinch, heist.

There is the argument that PRS will purloin your wallet with purfling, but that might be stretching it a little. ;)

Last edited:
You're thinking of purfling. Purloining is, well...

purloin verb formal the scoundrels who purloined our tractor: steal, thieve, rob, take, snatch, pilfer, loot, appropriate; informal swipe, nab, rip off, lift, “liberate”, “borrow”, filch, snaffle, pinch, heist.

There is the argument that PRS will purloin your wallet with purfling, but that might be stretching it a little. ;)

Yeah...well... I was trying to be funny in that sort of way that only is funny to me....

And purloining isn't a stretch at all in this case as it turned out...

DSC_1172_zpsd4f0c008.jpg

DSC_1173_zps17fbbcab.jpg

DSC_1176_zpscc7a2e7d.jpg

Thanks... The ones with Artist tops (particularly the faded whale blue) were stunning. I just like the looks of this thing better for me though. Not as blingy, but every thing about it was perfect.

Looks perfect!! This is a core line 10 top with mixed hardware?

Yeah...well... I was trying to be funny in that sort of way that only is funny to me....

And purloining isn't a stretch at all in this case as it turned out...

DSC_1172_zpsd4f0c008.jpg

DSC_1173_zps17fbbcab.jpg

DSC_1176_zpscc7a2e7d.jpg

Purloinatastic!!

Or is that sirloin...

That is one hot guitar.

Last edited:
Nice! Congrats.

Now, could someone provide a comparison between 408s and 58/15s...:vroam:

Back