Questions about Tremonti SE

....The principle being:
1 . Block ( which side depending on down or up tuning/gauge )
2. Tune to desired tuning
3 . Unblock( goes out of tune )
4. Tune using the tremolo spring screws on the back
5. Fine tune with the headstock tuners like normal.

(Trem plate should end up level with guitar body)

I happily take corrections on this method but it worked for me

Thank you all for the replies. I've decided to stick with 9s for now, since i really enjoy the bending action. I don't really want to mess with the guitar at the moment to not **** up anything. I'm a bit disappointed with all the issues that came with the guitar (also all volume and tone knobs seem crooked a bit, this is really apparent when turning them). Honestly, i would return the guitar and get a new one, maybe a better model, but i already trashed the guitar box and i don't want the hassle of sending the guitar to another country, so i guess ill have to stick with it. Overall playability is really nice and i enjoy the guitar, just those little things make my ocd go crazy. And the pickups seem really nice, although they don't clean up as much as i expected. Need to get the volume and tone knobs almost to 2-3 to get any noise at all, and it's very quiet and still a bit distorted (distotion on amp is at 6). Bridge pickup is not as hot as my previous pickups, which were 19k each (Iron Gear Metalmachine set), and they sounded really good. I prefer bridge pickup from Tremonti and neck from iron gear

Hello Temorin. Investing in a new guitar messes with our ocd in most of us I guess. I hear about people getting Gibsons and USA Fenders for 5 times the price going nuts about details, understandably. It of course boils down to, once you got it; its yours to develop with and to have fun with, with its flaws and beauty marks. (A guitar is like a.......yeah you all know what I mean)

Just saying , from my experience, changing from 9´s to 10´s myself was no problem , I don´t think you have to upgrade the nut at all, unless you at some point want to do it for the fun of it. I got the guitar for the great , full bodied tone and the great playability. And thats what I enjoy so much about it.

And here´s a question for you more seasoned guys out there: If you keep your tremolo in the right balance when changing strings/tuning/gauge, I mean so it doesn´t end up tilted in any direction, shouldn´t that mean that the intonation is automatically kind of correct? If so that would be an advantage with trem-systems, you get your intonation indicated if done correctly.
Anybody?

Temorin, theres a guy on youtube, Ben Eller (?) "why you suck at guitar.." he calls the channel , who made a very informative video on trem-systems and string change.

Hello Temorin. Investing in a new guitar messes with our ocd in most of us I guess. I hear about people getting Gibsons and USA Fenders for 5 times the price going nuts about details, understandably. It of course boils down to, once you got it; its yours to develop with and to have fun with, with its flaws and beauty marks. (A guitar is like a.......yeah you all know what I mean)

Just saying , from my experience, changing from 9´s to 10´s myself was no problem , I don´t think you have to upgrade the nut at all, unless you at some point want to do it for the fun of it. I got the guitar for the great , full bodied tone and the great playability. And thats what I enjoy so much about it.

And here´s a question for you more seasoned guys out there: If you keep your tremolo in the right balance when changing strings/tuning/gauge, I mean so it doesn´t end up tilted in any direction, shouldn´t that mean that the intonation is automatically kind of correct? If so that would be an advantage with trem-systems, you get your intonation indicated if done correctly.
Anybody?

Temorin, theres a guy on youtube, Ben Eller (?) "why you suck at guitar.." he calls the channel , who made a very informative video on trem-systems and string change.
I wouldn't say the tone is full bodied..it's quite thin honestly, but of course not as thing as some Ibanez.
Yeah, i follow Ben Eller for years now, and i watched that video. I don't plan to change strings just yet, but when i will, i'll know what to do, but quite a lot of people said that you don't really need to do anything with trem when changing strings, so it might not be an issue.
I also started noticing just now how much the strings are buzzing on upper frets. It was fine until now, but now when i hit just a bit harder, they buzz like hell, almost like a sitar. Maybe it's because of a new, sharper pick? No idea, but i don't remember it being this bad

Sounds like you need a setup. They can react to the climate. The tremolo springs can be quieted down with foam tubes, or even just pieces of foam cut into thin strips and pushed inside them. Very common solution. If you're having intonation problems, may be the nut binding. You may want to raise or lower the pickups to get the tones you like. Also try various string brands to change the sound. And above all, enjoy it and make it yours. Mine is a keeper.

Sounds like you need a setup. They can react to the climate. The tremolo springs can be quieted down with foam tubes, or even just pieces of foam cut into thin strips and pushed inside them. Very common solution. If you're having intonation problems, may be the nut binding. You may want to raise or lower the pickups to get the tones you like. Also try various string brands to change the sound. And above all, enjoy it and make it yours. Mine is a keeper.
The guitar was professionally set up in the store i purchased from. Intonation and everything else seems to be fine, most likely the buzzing issue is as you said, because of climate. The guitar most likely was in a cold warehouse for a long time and its quite warm in my room. I guess ill have to raise the strings, although i dont want to at all as the action seems to be a bit higher than i would like already

+1 for Bodia. The truss rod should need a very minor tweak, from the right to the left as you look at the guitar. Let it settle for about 15 minutes before you attempt anything further. Most of my guitars react to changes in temperature. Any truss rod adjustment should be about an eighth of a turn (or less). Wood will not always instantly move, so be patient. Don't raise or lower the strings unless you have radius gauges, and electric turner, and good ears. And I hope the place you got the guitar was not like my local Guitar Center. Their tech has been doing it for 3 months, and is self taught and not very good.

+1 for Bodia. The truss rod should need a very minor tweak, from the right to the left as you look at the guitar. Let it settle for about 15 minutes before you attempt anything further. Most of my guitars react to changes in temperature. Any truss rod adjustment should be about an eighth of a turn (or less). Wood will not always instantly move, so be patient. Don't raise or lower the strings unless you have radius gauges, and electric turner, and good ears. And I hope the place you got the guitar was not like my local Guitar Center. Their tech has been doing it for 3 months, and is self taught and not very good.
I bought from Thomann, which is one of the biggest and respected music shops in Europe, so i trust what they're doing. Magically, most of the fretbuzz went away after 1 day, so i realized i don't understand anything anymore.

Sorry to bump up this thread again, but i wanted to ask, is it normal that the pickup selector is very stiff? I dont have much experience with guitars, but i dont remember any guitars that i've tried have switch this stiff and hard to flip

Sorry to bump up this thread again, but i wanted to ask, is it normal that the pickup selector is very stiff? I dont have much experience with guitars, but i dont remember any guitars that i've tried have switch this stiff and hard to flip
I just stumbled across this. I have the newer Tremonti SE. Best guitar I’ve ever owned. I’m running custom 10’s and have locking tuners, Tremontis US pickups. It’s also been to PRS in Maryland and got a setup due to overseas trust issues haha. They did replace the nut and a some internal parts that were manufacture defects. A few years later and I’m still just in love as I was at day 1.

Back