Questions about SC trem rosewood neck

fatbagg

First off...This is my 3rd PRS, and they are all AMAZING instruments...That being said...

Ok...So I got my '07 SC trem with solid rosewood neck in today...While it FEELS amazing, the rosewood neck is outstanding...Im curious about this tone. It has #6 pickups, which I hear arent the most favorite around here...

I plug in, and instanly feel like "where the balls? Wheres the tone? Whats going on here?

The tone coming out is very weak (not neccessarily in terms of output, not that its great, but just fullness wise), not full at all, and it very thin and puny. Now I would ASSUME that Mahogany and rosewood Would ake a fat, full sound.

My question is...is it the pickups, or do these guitars just sound small and banjo-like?

What should the rosewood be contributing? I know it FEELS amazing!

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh110/fatbagg/

i have a sc trem w rosewood neck i hade 59/09's installed at the PTC and my sc trem kicks ass

slip a set of RPs in it - as close as you can get to a ME1 SCT, RPs work really well with RW necks IMHO ;)

Hey man!! I think we chatted about a trade recently... recognized your pics!! How are you going??

Not everyone gets on with the #6s.... but hand in there with the SCT Rosie, they are a fantastic guitar!!

I have had a few different p-ups in and them... recently had a PS built that was a DGT/SCT Cross.... the SCT config works awesome with the DGTs. Especially if you are looking for the 'Balls' and 'punch'

Good Luck

I have an SCT and REALLY LOVE it!!!! I bought an SC-58 and sold it because I love the SCT sooo much. When I first got it I didn't love the tone and suffered with it for a long time. Swapped out the pups and now it is a guitar for life. Tone. playability, trem and an unbelievable top!!! I put in BB 1 and 2 - may consider going to a 3 on the bridge.

photostream

Ive got one of the 07 SCT's with IRW necks. Before I got her the PO had 57/08's installed and they sound great. I just ordered a set of Starla Pickups to try. They havent arrived yet, after installation I will report.

Robb

I had a SCTrem with the Rosewood neck...Best looking guitar I have ever owned. I found the #6's to be fairly weak as well. I ended selling it rather than messing with PUP swaps. Got a Mesa Lonestar Special in partial trade so I ended up a happy man!

Back