Questions about a 2011 Stripped 58.

nosidamde

Taco Flavored Kisses
I've been getting close to pulling the trigger on a NOS 2011 Stripped 58 (not a 10 top) that has been marked down "significantly". I was hoping, that you wise ladies and gentlemen, can help me with a couple questions.

1. According to what little info I've found about this year, they were built in a limited run for the Experience PRS 2011. Does this make the guitar fairly rare?

2. Does anyone else here have one? How do you like it?

3. Any other information to help inform me before I pull the trigger would be great.

Thanks in advance.

The old web site spec page is still up: https://www.prsguitars.com/stripped58/specs.php

I think this was, for all practical purposes, a production model in 2012 until the SC245 was re-introduced last year. At any rate, there were a lot of them out there for sale when they first came out so I wouldn't consider them rare like one of the Experience Custom 24s or something like that. There are still quite a few new dealer stock of models out there now.

Last edited:
The old web site spec page is still up: https://www.prsguitars.com/stripped58/specs.php

I think this was, for all practical purposes, a production model in 2012 until the SC245 was re-introduced last year. At any rate, there were a lot of them out there for sale when they first came out so I wouldn't consider them rare like one of the Experience Custom 24s or something like that. There are still quite a few new dealer stock of models out there now.

Thanks for the link, I've visited the 2012 legacy page already. Just looking for some other less known facts about the guitar maybe. Good to know it isn't as rare as I thought it might be. This NOS is less money than a "used" Stripped 58 of the same year online for sale.

Ive had a few they are great guitars. Definitely the closest thing to the LP that PRS makes. The 5708s are very very nice and of course they play great.
I dont know if Id call them "rare" per se, they basically just continued under the "SC245" moniker. The only caveat I can think of is that some of them are on the heavy side weight wise.

I have a one off goldtop/burst that Im about to put up for sale over on TGP. Send me a PM if you may be interested.

Ive had a few they are great guitars. Definitely the closest thing to the LP that PRS makes. The 5708s are very very nice and of course they play great.
I dont know if Id call them "rare" per se, they basically just continued under the "SC245" moniker. The only caveat I can think of is that some of them are on the heavy side weight wise.

I have a one off goldtop/burst that Im about to put up for sale over on TGP. Send me a PM if you may be interested.

No thank you, I'm not much of a goldtop fan. Thanks for the reply, though. I understand the model through the years isn't probably rare. Maybe what I should of asked is, how many did they build in 2011 for the PRS Experience?

They had maybe 3 or 4 on display at Experience that year. Other than those display models I don't think any were actually made "for" Experience. The model was available everywhere not long after that.

1. According to what little info I've found about this year, they were built in a limited run for the Experience PRS 2011. Does this make the guitar fairly rare?

I don't believe it is rare.

2. Does anyone else here have one? How do you like it?

I own one and quite enjoy it, close to a classic Les Paul sound with a better build and feel. Also, stays in tune.

3. Any other information to help inform me before I pull the trigger would be great.

If you can get your hands on one to try first, it always helps... if you're just looking to see if the price is good.... check ebay to compare.

Thanks to those who responded. I ended up pulling the trigger this morning. I should have it by Thursday it sounds like.

I did have a chance to play it unplugged about two weeks ago, located at Dave's Guitar Shop in LaCrosse, WI. I loved the feel! I almost have my ESP Eclipse II sold and this one will replace it in my collection. (Same style two piece bridge, and I won't miss the EMG pups in the Eclipse)

I bought it for less than a couple are going for USED online, so I'm happy with what I paid.

Prepare for an incoming NGD thread later this week!

Back