Votes: 25 48.1%
  • I hate my job

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I'm retired!!!!!

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
Since its Sunday, and I know way too many people who dread Mondays, I thought I'd ask the question.
I personally like my job. I'm not a slave to my job, but I do enjoy what I do. I also have a few side jobs that I also enjoy.
So here's a Sunday morning Poll.

I work to live, not the other way around. My job is merely a means to an end. It's not part of my identity, and it doesn't consume my being.

I love where I work, but I'm not wild about what I'm presently doing. Fortunately, my employer allows us to move around internally with great frequency if we want. So long as I meet my obligation to fulfill my current assignment, once that's been met I'm free to transition to something else. Can't beat that with a stick!

I still like my job after a year, still feels fresh to me. I usually get a 2 year itch and start looking for something else. It's 4 miles from my house, pays well enough, good work colleagues and there is prospects to stay on. I keep thinking about offshore oil rig or merchant navy but I think I would miss my son too much. Until there is a well paid PRS dealer guitar shop job vacant I don't see myself moving job!

I love it, though it's plenty rough at times. Forward momentum after eating dirt is crucial. So is a positive attitude. On my best days I feel like I'm making my dent though there's more to do.

Amen, dude. If I ever win the lottery, I'll bail on the daily grind that day. But I'd be showing up in Stevensville the very next morning, knocking on the front door asking if they're interested in taking on an unpaid intern/apprentice! :p

It's love hate for me....love the work, could do without a few of the people. I can't figure out why some people just seem to work at putting up obsticles for others. Could be a lot worse and I love what I do so I'm in the love column.

Being a blue-collar in the utopian world of Friedman is not the best.Had my pelvis and hipball socket fractured in an accident at work in April.Comes back in July,not one of my bosses mention and talks to me about the accident and how i feel.Im just a case on the safety board.Dont do this!Workarounds to avoid this in the future.I do like my job but have realised the value of my work is only for the bosses to have a christmas bonus.

It's not the job that I hate. It's the people at my job who insist on making it not fun on a daily basis. It's the idiots who insist that they know my job better than I do; but don't, because I am the SOLE remaining expert on site. The ones who come to me at the last minute with something they absolutely have to have done tomorrow even though they knew the work I do takes at least 2 weeks to do which is not dependent on fast I work, but how fast the computer can process. The ones that try to pull rank and cancel my regular yearly vacation on regular basis. And finally, the ones that put more hurdles in my way by developing new policies and denying me the resources I need which hinder me in getting my job done in a timely manner.

I don't love my job, it's just something I'm good at. I seriously thought about applying for the job in the amp dept. at PRS, but it turns out I get paid a ridiculous amount for what I actually do and I just can't switch right now. For a few years I was hoping I'd get laid off so I could justify a PRS job, but my seniority just keeps going up.

It's not the job that I hate. It's the people at my job who insist on making it not fun on a daily basis. It's the idiots who insist that they know my job better than I do; but don't, because I am the SOLE remaining expert on site. The ones who come to me at the last minute with something they absolutely have to have done tomorrow even though they knew the work I do takes at least 2 weeks to do which is not dependent on fast I work, but how fast the computer can process. The ones that try to pull rank and cancel my regular yearly vacation on regular basis. And finally, the ones that put more hurdles in my way by developing new policies and denying me the resources I need which hinder me in getting my job done in a timely manner.

Sooooo... you work for the government? :tongue:

I'm mostly retired, but for some consulting and training. When I was working full time I loved my job, but hated the 100 mile round trip commute in traffic. Too much time in the car convinced me to walk away from a great job with a wonderful boss who wanted me to stay. I do miss the rough and tumble of the workplace as contentment is enemy of creativity. That is at least for me.

My wife refers to me as her "pole & hole" guy...I do utility work (cabling) with utility poles and manholes...actually still enjoying it...learning underground locating now...few years back, was climbing out of a manhole in Georgetown in DC and Paul was walking by...I was covered in manhole mung and noticed him and requested he sign something for my music room...instead, he took my address and sent me a really nice signed PRS catalog and some cool SWAG...will always remember that...just a really good, down-to-earth kinda guy. C'mon September!!!

Back