Question re 2018 PRS Hollowbody II Piezo

Goodsal

I have a 2018 on its way to me. The tag with the case candy says 58/15 pickups not 58/15LT. Were those standard in 2018 or is it possible the tag is wrong? How can I tell when I receive it? Are the pickups marked?

I have no idea what pickups were standard but they will most likely have a sticker on the bottom.

If it is a Hollowbody Piezo it probably doesn't have the 58/15LT pickups in it as those are specific to the 594 models. TBH, I have a 594 and swapped the pickups out for 57/08s. I found the LT pickups to be too much of a volume difference between my other guitars to be able to gig with them. The 57/08s work perfectly for me. I have them in the bulk of my PRS guitars that I gig. They are by far my favorite PRS pickups.

I have a 2018 on its way to me. The tag with the case candy says 58/15 pickups not 58/15LT. Were those standard in 2018 or is it possible the tag is wrong? How can I tell when I receive it? Are the pickups marked?
I don't know what was standard in 2018, but my 2021 did come with LT's, and it is etched on the pickup covers. Not sure if you can see it clearly in this photo, but it's there!
Core-HB-Front-Back.jpg

If it is a Hollowbody Piezo it probably doesn't have the 58/15LT pickups in it as those are specific to the 594 models. TBH, I have a 594 and swapped the pickups out for 57/08s. I found the LT pickups to be too much of a volume difference between my other guitars to be able to gig with them. The 57/08s work perfectly for me. I have them in the bulk of my PRS guitars that I gig. They are by far my favorite PRS pickups.
I also didn't care for the volume dropoff with the LT's, but solved it by getting a boost pedal. Set to a very slight bump, they now fit in perfectly with everything else

In 2018, the LT pups were only spec'd for 594 guitars while the HB were equipped with non-LT version (a bit hotter on the bridge position). The HB got LT pups sometimes in 2019.

In 2018, the LT pups were only spec'd for 594 guitars while the HB were equipped with non-LT version (a bit hotter on the bridge position). The HB got LT pups sometimes in 2019.
I don’t think that’s accurate. I looked at about 20 sold listings for 2018 Hollowbody IIs on Reverb and almost all of them had the LTs. A few had the non-LTs. I also looked at the 2017 models and they all had non-LTs, so it seems the transition occurred some time in 2018.

Back