Question, PRS Need Neck Binding or No ?

All I remember about that movie is the naked chick dancing on top a tomb in a cemetery. o_OPuberty was much stronger than my fear of a zombie apocalypse, at the time anyway.

Maybe you should get one of those Graveyard PSes, and see if you can get a naked woman to dance on a tomb to your playing...

I mean, that’s what guitars are for, isn’t it? :eek:

I'm not really taken with the "binding" on My McCarty. It's basically black paint, and on the bottom facing high side, it's marred from the factory and thin as if not enough was used. It's on the bottom so to speak and doesn't alter an otherwise stellar guitar. But white binding might be a deal killer for me if it existed. If it had been noticed, it was enough to make it a second by PRS standards, but I don't care.

Maybe you should get one of those Graveyard PSes, and see if you can get a naked woman to dance on a tomb to your playing...

I mean, that’s what guitars are for, isn’t it? :eek:

I like where your head's at my man...;)

On my Gibson guitars, I prefer the ones with binding. On the McCarty I owned, I can’t say I missed it that much, but I have to admit that I prefer necks on glued neck guitars to have binding. So if I was looking at a new PRS and it happened to have binding, I’d see that as a positive. But not a huge issue really.

For bodies, I prefer the faux binding that PRS are known for using. I think it’s much nicer looking than the traditional type of inset binding.

66964677_478130202749813_7226834343431411126_n.jpg

I didn't know I needed neck binding....unitl I did. Trying to see if I've taken other cool binding picks.

67437671_2354323637955902_5176392690707781341_n.jpg

Hey guy's i'm new here and i'm purchasing my first PRS Custom 22 or PRS ever for that matter in another week or so.
However i've always had guitars with neck binding but the custom 22 doesn't have it, i could probably custom order it but that would take months, and i don't want to wait.
So will it really be that noticeable going from neck binding to no neck binding ?
Please give me your opinions....Thanks.

No. Subtle purfling is permitted on occasion. :)

Back