Question on Uploading Photos

Blake Rice

I cannot figure out how to attach photos to posts directly. I understand that I have to host them on a third party site like Imgur or Google photos. I have tried both, and then pasting share links into the image attachment bar, but the image won't show up! Can anyone explain to me what might be going wrong? Is there something I'm missing? I tried to do a search in the forum on the topic but haven't had much luck:(

I cannot figure out how to attach photos to posts directly. I understand that I have to host them on a third party site like Imgur or Google photos. I have tried both, and then pasting share links into the image attachment bar, but the image won't show up! Can anyone explain to me what might be going wrong? Is there something I'm missing? I tried to do a search in the forum on the topic but haven't had much luck:(

Try a test post in this thread, and I can help figure out what's going wrong.

My guesses are:
- Permissions: Make sure everyone has access on the share site
- Bad URL: Most sharing sites have a "direct URL" OR SOMETHING SIMILAR

From a PC, and Imgur.
- Upload your pic to Imgur
- Open your pick in Imgur
- On the right side of your open pic there are 6 "copy" buttons. Click on the 5th one down, "BB Code"
- Go to your post, right click, paste. No need to use the "IMG" button on the Forum tool bar.

Like this?

Yup. The last thing I'd suggest (that took me a while to figure out) would be to edit the size of the image in the Edit window before posting. I tend to aim for 600 x 800, which presents well in most browsers. Since you posted a link, once you go do it, every time someone loads this page (freshly) it'll be auto-updated for them.

Test

im familiar with posting imgur images from being over at TGP. However, im just getting the “IMG” in a square icon..... or a paste of the link when using the link icon, at TGP that usual pastes the image....
any help appreciated
im on an ipad running current version ios
HC5juCA

https://imgur.com/a/HC5juCA

HC5juCA

Congratulations that’s a sweet looking guitar!

I know it’s most likely a maple veneer, but with the stain finish, it has the appearance of curly redwood. Very nice.

Back