Question - New PRS

Not that I'm aware of. Mine never came with them and I'm glad it didn't . Let me decide on what I wanted

First question: did it actually come with strap locks, or are you simply asking "it didn't, but should it have?"

If it did come with strap locks, did you purchase it "new" or "used"? I just got my first PRS as well; I purchased it new, and it definitely didn't come with strap locks. I put them on it, as I had difficulty getting the strap to really get around the wide PRS buttons, but as sleary said, let me make that decision.

I'm 99% sure that no PRS guitar comes with strap locks, but I'll defer to those who are far more knowledgable than I am for confirmation. :)

No strap locks from what I know, unless the seller "upgraded" them for you. :)
Did you get a Paul's guitar? very nice!

The Leese Golden Eagle Private Stock came with Strap-locks. There have never been any production models that came with Strap-locks to my knowledge....

+1...Shouldn't need strap locks, with the way the stock buttons work. (unless you do the crazy Victor Wooten type guitar flips...)

The only guitars I bought new that came with strap locks were my Carvins, and that's because I ordered them that way. On all my other guitars, including my PRS, I installed them myself.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Anyone have a recommendation on which strap locks I should install?

I prefer Dunlops. I used to use Schallers but I've had them come loose on me. Never had an issue with the Dunlops (some people will say the opposite, but this has been my experience).

Big thread somewhere on the forum, but I am unable to find it.
It was a poll on strap locks.
I use Schaller Strap Locks on every single one of my guitars.

I don't use strap locks with my PRS. The buttons coupled with a PRS branded strap hold them well enough that I have never had a scare. When I did use strap locks I rocked Dimarzio ClipLock.

I've used the Dunlop and Schaller locks. At first I didn't care for the Schaller hardware, but in the thread Corey referenced, someone mentioned that they use the Schallers but always make sure that the clip is "upturned" creating a basket for the strap button. That way if the lock mechanism fails, gravity will still hold everything securely in the "basket". It's worked like a charm for me!

Loxx strap locks go on everything. Super quick taking the strap on & off. They are very low profile with nothing much left on the strap to swing around and put a ding or chip on your new prized possession when you remove the strap!! The hold securely and every guitar gets a set as soon as I get it home.

I have used the Dunlop locks on my Fender in the past but was looking at the Loxx strap for this guitar.

Loxx strap locks go on everything. Super quick taking the strap on & off. They are very low profile with nothing much left on the strap to swing around and put a ding or chip on your new prized possession when you remove the strap!! The hold securely and every guitar gets a set as soon as I get it home.

+1

Inexpensive, easy to install, 360 degree movement, and very easy to release. I wouldn't use anything else.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/manufacturer/Loxx

Schallers on all of mine too. The Loxx look interesting to me but if you happen to take a guitar without your Loxx strap somewhere, you got nothin'. Doesn't happen often, but at least with the old brands, you still have a button on the guitar that you can attach a regular old strap to.

Never had a need for strap locks. The PRS buttons are seriously adequate. I never even had a close call of a PRS falling off me.

Back