Question - New PRS

If you don't want to do any installation, I'd check out the Dunlop Ergo Lok.

p21719.jpg

I have a mix of Schaller and Dunlop...I like the Schallers better, but have a few guitars that have custom built dunlop buttons...so I am forced to mix. THe only thing I dont like about the dunlops is the pin on the strap, always worried I will ding something with it the way it protrudes from the strap end...(although I am sure the schaller will ding something up just as easily...)

Thanks for all the opinions. I purchased a pair of Loxx and plan to install them this weekend. That said, now that I have played around with the PRS buttons, they are pretty secure in their own right. I would have to almost rip the strap to get it past that head.

Installed the Loxx strap locks and 5 minutes time. Boy, these are very nice and easy to install and use. By far superior to the other locks I had used in the past.

I dont always use straplocks, but when I do, I prefer schaller. Dunlop has let go on a couple cheaper guitars for me over the years, but to be fair, I've always gotten my straplocked guitars out of a pawn shop - so who knows how worn out they were. The Schallers stick best for me, of course I always mind their orientation.

Of course, if you can only afford Beer OR straplocks, then Grolsch has your back....

Grolsch%20Cap.jpg

That little red washer will lock your strap on tight enough itll be irritating getting your strap off....Actually you might have to unscrew the strap button entirely. But it works amazingly and it can be pretty fun to make

Last edited:
Are the Grolsch beer cap rubber washers more easily removed from the PRS over-sized strap button than the Fender rubber washers? I tried the Fender rubber washer and couldn't even stretch it over my PRS CE 24's strap button (maybe this strap button is overly large compared to other PRS models). I thought I might be able to force it on but at that point I figured if I did mange then I definitely would have a hard time removing it if I wanted to remove the strap.

Back