Question for Silver Sky owners

strummer9

Could you tell me what neck relief your SS came with from the factory?

Mine was at .0125" at the 8th fret when I bought it used. I've lowered it down to 0.008". Just curious to see what it comes out of the factory at.

Not a clue. It played so wonderfully I wasn’t touching a thing. I was even hesitant to change strings when it was time.

Like others here, mine came adjusted where it played evenly across the fretboard so I’ve never touched it. Apparently that’s common!

An email to customer service will likely get the right info for you.

Not sure either. I do know the set-up was dead on. Like @alantig I was scared of the first string change because it was so perfect. No problems, so my fear was unjustified.

Same story. Came ready to play, so have never touched it other than to play it or clean it or change strings. Were you measuring from the top of the 8th fret to the bottom of the low E string? If yes, then I am pretty sure that my action is higher than yours.

Mine was converted to float.

Also - I adjust mine a lot to get the feel I want. I bend in position at the 12th and adjust from there raising or lowering. I like it just a tad high to get under the string.

Can't recall what mine came with but keep in mind there's plenty of time for it to move since it left the factory, arrived a the dealer, spend however amount of time there, and finally got shipped to you.
I did lower the action as it typically too high to my taste, but other than that it played like butter which was a bit shocking as I'm used to 10-16" compound radius.

Like others have said mine came set up nicely , I then set my trem to float and went to 9.5-44s so I didi a small truss rod adjust and intonation.
I don't measure the relief when I set a guitar just look far the smallest bit of air at 7th - 8th fret , mostly listen for a ping sound when I tap string there.

While there is nothing scientific about it, many people use a regular piece of paper as their relief guide.

Back