Question for P245 SH Owners

fgeorge097

Unfortunately there is no dealer near me that carries one of these semi-hollow beauties to check out in person.

One of my favorite things on the newer pattern necks is how nicely hand rolled the edges of the fingerboard are.

Does the binding on this guitar take away from that rolled feeling? Or is the binding itself also rolled?

To be honest, I don't really notice any difference in comparing a 2015 P245 SH with a 2014 Cu24.

I have a 2016 SE 22 Custom SH does that count? No neck binding but I, personally, can't tell the difference between that and my Tremonti SE which does when it's in my hand.

I have a P245. The neck feels great. I did not notice a difference in quality and playability, but for the short scale, to the CU24 30th Ann.

Binding in general IMHO is never to be a point of concern. It's when there is no binding and the fret wire is not rolled.....

I don't notice the binding at all. The edges don't feel any different than the un-bound on my CU22.

The main thing I notice is that the strings have less tension. I get more fret buzz when I normally don't with my CU22. I will be going up one string gauge the next time I restring.

Unfortunately there is no dealer near me that carries one of these semi-hollow beauties to check out in person.

One of my favorite things on the newer pattern necks is how nicely hand rolled the edges of the fingerboard are.

Does the binding on this guitar take away from that rolled feeling? Or is the binding itself also rolled?

The only difference I can feel between my bound and un-bound 245s is that the frets taper off very slightly further away from the edge of the fretboard, since the binding "caps" the fret ends. If anything, the rolling on the edges is slightly more pronounced on the bound fretboard.

And do post pics if you get a P245 SH... I've been drooling for one for ages... :)

Back