Question: DGT Tobacco Sunburst

Intentionally Blank

Hi, first post! i have a 2008 DGT arriving this week. Have wanted a DGT since playing a couple examples years ago.

The seller described the finish as Tobacco Sunburst. I can only see references to "McCarty Tobacco Sunburst" when I search online. Are there or have there ever been separate finishes for Tobacco Sunburst and McCarty Tobacco Sunburst? Are these the same thing or two different things?

Hmmmmm...the pic is too washed out to tell for sure, but darkening around the edges makes me think Tobacco Sunburst...

Hmmmmm...the pic is too washed out to tell for sure, but darkening around the edges makes me think Tobacco Sunburst...
Yeah, all of the seller's pics were a bit washed out and light for sure. I don't have any better ones unfortunately. I guess I'll find out what it looks like when it gets here :). I'm sure I'll be happy with it regardless of whether it's McCarty or not - it looks great even in the washed out photo.

Yeah, all of the seller's pics were a bit washed out and light for sure. I don't have any better ones unfortunately. I guess I'll find out what it looks like when it gets here :). I'm sure I'll be happy with it regardless of whether it's McCarty or not - it looks great even in the washed out photo.
Oh yeah, call it whatever you need to. Call it a friggin bologna sandwich if you want, you are gonna LOVE IT...

Congrats! The modcat number will tell you. When you get it run that. Modcat is the PRS version of a Vin number for a car. It'll give you the full breakdown of the guitar.

The original run of 2008 DGTs only came in goldtop, cherry sunburst, or tobacco sunburst, if I recall correctly. The "McCarty" burst wasn't offered on it until quite a few years later.

Congrats on the new addition! Those early DGTs have some extra mojo, IMHO.
Add Jet Black to that list and you are absolutely correct. Four colors, all classics to begin the run...

Back