Question about the SE Standard LTD

Plugske

You plug it in, it turns you on.
As it is almost my NGD, it is probably needless to say that adrenaline and emotions are kicking in. The compulsory force to check if you did everything right is at full force.

Am waiting for a SE Standard 24 LTD in Bay Bridge Blue color. My question about it is if it comes with the SE gig bag? There are a lot of stories going around and a lot of different information.

It appears that some dealers do not provide them in The USA but what about Europe as I am living in the North of Sweden. According to the PRS European website, although the article is from 2014, all SE Standards come in a SE bag. Some dealer websites state that they go without and some state because it is the limited edition they come with.

For my peace of mind and well being of a good night's sleep, is there anyone here that can give an answer?

In case it is delivered without one, is there anyone that has a spare SE bag that would like to sell it to me?

Thank you all for your time.

All the SE guitars I’ve seen for sale in UK (new) appear to come supplied with gig bag.

I believe that there are dealers in the US that sell the bag separately, which is probably not unlawful, but I would question the morals of doing it as it would appear that every SE come from the factory supplied with the guitar and RRP includes the price of the bag.

I think the gig bags are great, they offer great protection. They’re well balanced and very comfortable when using the shoulder straps.

I heard a lot of good things about these gig bags and considering that I have 2 small children, 4 big Alaskan Malamutes and a wife, it is better to keep it as safe as possible. Would be slightly disappointed to find out that mine would come without the bag.

"Local" dealer. I am living in the country side and the closest guitar shop is about 100km away so more or less local. Did buy it from their website. They didn't had it in their shop but at their other shop which is almost 250 km away.

I know this is an obvious answer, a quick email to them will get you a definitive answer.

The one I was kindly gifted in September came with a great SE bag.

Yes, calling or emailing them would solve the question but they are closed for the weekend and with the tracking number I can see that the guitar would be delivered on Monday. Guess will have some sleepless nights ahead.:D

As an Authorized Dealer in the US I can tell you that yes the SE Standard guitars used to come with free gigbags but in 2018 PRS stopped supplying gigbags with all SE Standard Guitars. I am not sure if that holds true with overseas dealers.
And as an Alaskan Malamute lover I think I can speak for many others on this forum when I say we would love to see pics of your 4 beautiful dogs.

As an Authorized Dealer in the US I can tell you that yes the SE Standard guitars used to come with free gigbags but in 2018 PRS stopped supplying gigbags with all SE Standard Guitars. I am not sure if that holds true with overseas dealers.
And as an Alaskan Malamute lover I think I can speak for many others on this forum when I say we would love to see pics of your 4 beautiful dogs.

I apologise if I have mis-informed.

Thank you for clarifying and will make some new pictures of them tomorrow and post them here in this topic.

There’s a “Mans Best Friend” thread

Haven't seen that thread yet, thank you for letting me know.

It seems that I need to wait till Thursday before they are going to deliver my new guitar. :( According to the DHL system it should be on its way to the service point but there was nothing yet. Maybe still in the evening but I haven't got any hopes on that.

Did speak to the dealer today. Turns out that it is depending on the distributor in the country if your Standard comes with a gig bag. In Sweden unfortunately not. Only the Customs come with the PRS gig bag here. Speaking of which, during my conversation he let me know that they have a SE Custom with zebrawood finish and they are interested in taking a Fender Hot-Rod Deluxe speaker cabinet, new with tags, that I still have standing around as a part of the exchange. The zebrawood is really really nice, like it much more than the Bay Bridge Blue and I thought a Custom would be way out of my budget. Depending on the trade in value, could be a good option. What do you guys think?

It seems that I need to wait till Thursday before they are going to deliver my new guitar. :( According to the DHL system it should be on its way to the service point but there was nothing yet. Maybe still in the evening but I haven't got any hopes on that.

Did speak to the dealer today. Turns out that it is depending on the distributor in the country if your Standard comes with a gig bag. In Sweden unfortunately not. Only the Customs come with the PRS gig bag here. Speaking of which, during my conversation he let me know that they have a SE Custom with zebrawood finish and they are interested in taking a Fender Hot-Rod Deluxe speaker cabinet, new with tags, that I still have standing around as a part of the exchange. The zebrawood is really really nice, like it much more than the Bay Bridge Blue and I thought a Custom would be way out of my budget. Depending on the trade in value, could be a good option. What do you guys think?

Go for it!

So, I got an estimate for trade in. Around 1800 SEK which is about $150. Considering it is still new and the price new is 4800 SEK herr, it is kind of low. Of course I understand that they also need to make money off it but still. Just put it out on Facebook marketplace, see if I can sell it quickly for slightly more.

BTW, the estimate came in at 23.31 while the store closes at 18.00 and here in Sweden, closed is really closed. Guess one of the guys working there is interested in it. So if I can't sell it, I will take the 500 km, in total, drive to the store and let him fall in love with it while hearing it. Maybe I can get some extra out of it than.

It looks like I have sold the Fender speaker cabinet for 3200 SEK, 1400 more than what I would get as a trade in at the dealer. Have to wait for the payment to come in, after all you haven't sold it without being paid. Costs now for switching from a Standard to a Custom including the "trade in" $15. :)

Last edited:
It looks like I have sold the Fender speaker cabinet for 3200 SEK, 1400 more than what I would get as a trade in at the dealer. Have to wait for the payment to come in, after all you haven't sold it without being paid. Costs now for switching from a Standard to a Custom including the "trade in" $15. :)

Great news, get that custom!

Back