Question about single cuts

Solteroblues

I have never played a PRS singlecut other than my 245. Are there any versions that have a thinner body? Like CU24 thin? Or at least close?

Not like I think you mean. There is one. The Starla is a singlecut but not really related to the SC line. I believe it has a thinner body. Come to think of it, the S2's might be thinner. Ask PRS.

I figured it was, but not quite like I want. That’s the biggest thing I don’t like about most LP style guitars is how thick they are. Also one reason I like my CU24’s more than my McCarty thickness ones. To me it just adds more weight and bulk than any noticeable tone differences.

Thank you! I have seen those before but didn’t realize they were thinner. Of course I don’t see but 1 for sale anywhere.

I’d recommend this one with the full Braz neck :)

38_C3_A97_D-8_F60-4_CE4-83_DD-6_CD00665743_B.jpg

I have an SC245 and other Singlecuts, including a Singlecut Trem. The Trem is thinner and a little lighter. The SC Trem is my favorite guitar. I also love the Singlecuts, but there is something special about a Singlecut Trem.

Singlecut trems are great. I’ve had two and they were both great. The first one didn’t have a very pretty top. I upgraded to a beautiful one with a rosewood neck (same pickups). The not so pretty one actually sounded a little better. Both sound amazing but there was a little something about the first one. I love the neck on the new one though. I definitely recommend it if you want a thinner lighter singlecut.

Back