Question about serial number in Custom 24 Gold Top

My first thought of anything with the serial number removes is that it's stolen.

The neck *could* be original, but the white indicates some stress at the joint there, or a problem with a finish job.

In either case, I'd probably stay away.

I forgot my screwdriver and the ones he had were kinda broken. I will bring it if I come back and check electronics too
Hi, new to this site. I know this thread is a few months old. Could I ask what they were asking for the gold top. Thanks

Hi, new to this site. I know this thread is a few months old. Could I ask what they were asking for the gold top. Thanks
Sure, I am from Peru. To put it in context, here is only one official PRS distributor here but it mostly has SE models (maybe some S2), so there are not many "higher end" PRS on the market. He was asking (aproximately due to conversion) $2200 but we agreed on $2100. In the end I did not buy it and got a 408 from USA. Hope I helped!

Sure, I am from Peru. To put it in context, here is only one official PRS distributor here but it mostly has SE models (maybe some S2), so there are not many "higher end" PRS on the market. He was asking (aproximately due to conversion) $2200 but we agreed on $2100. In the end I did not buy it and got a 408 from USA. Hope I helped!

Yes sir, thanks. I was curious I have a 2011 C24 gold top and the serial numbers are under finish. You know the joint look sloppy good call. As far as the 5-way switch I believe it was first out in 2011. Here’s mine.

Hard pass on this one. I've been looking at PRS guitars since 1985, and there's enough stuff that looks off on this one that either it's bad camera angles, or it's a fake, or at least the neck is. The serial numbers don't "fade". That neck joint - completely wrong. Something seems weird with the tuner spacing, and some of the curves on the body look wrong, but that may be camera angles.

Edit: sorry, didn't see the second page before posting, now realize it's an old thread.

Steve thanks a lot for your reply. In fact, it is an old thread but I do appreciate your reply as well as the immediate replies I got from this forum. It feels good to have such a helpful community surrounding these guitars. It looked odd in person too, so I passed and got a 408, which I am happy with

Back