Question about Korina Mccarty Soapbar fretboard

marianozz

Hello guys, 1st post here... Sorry to bother

I'm looking at a Korina Mccarty Soapbar thats around these parts, 2009, seller claims Brazilian rosewood on it but lacks all papers tags and candy that may have come with the guitar...

I read somewhere that 500 of these came out with BRW, is it possible that a 2009 has it?

I don't care much about the wood per se, but, since people tend to charge a little more for BRW, I'd rather get my facts as straight as possible :)

Thanks for any replies :)

get a pic of the back of the headstock. It would likely have the "USA only" statement on it if it is.

get a pic of the back of the headstock. It would likely have the "USA only" statement on it if it is.

Not in 2009. They started that about 2010 or later, I believe.

My local dealer in Austin still has a brand new McCarty Soapbar Korina with a Brazilian board and it's a 2009

I'm almost definitely sure that if it has moons, it's not Brazilian. I'm almost as sure that if it has birds from that year it would be.

I'm almost definitely sure that if it has moons, it's not Brazilian. I'm almost as sure that if it has birds from that year it would be.

I don't think they are correlated at all. I have a 2006 Cu24 Artist pack with Paua birds and it's IRW.

If I go see it I´ll take note of the serial number and I'll email customer service... In the auction, the serial is blurred...

Thanks for all the answers guys :)

Back