Question about finish on 2021 CE24

Transmundane

Hey Folks,

I just bought my first US build. Not in core territory yet, but got a CE and I'm absolutely in love.

That said, I was curious about the finish. I can't find any stats on the body finish, but the website says the neck has a satin nitro finish. I've also read that all US builds now use the nitro over CAB finish.

There is nothing on this guitar that smells like nitro, and the body finish reminds me more of poly. That said, this thing resonates like crazy. Much more resonant than my import poly guitars.

Does anyone know the facts here? Won't change how I feel about the guitar, but I'm still curious.

Thank you!

Hey Folks,

I just bought my first US build. Not in core territory yet, but got a CE and I'm absolutely in love.

That said, I was curious about the finish. I can't find any stats on the body finish, but the website says the neck has a satin nitro finish. I've also read that all US builds now use the nitro over CAB finish.

There is nothing on this guitar that smells like nitro, and the body finish reminds me more of poly. That said, this thing resonates like crazy. Much more resonant than my import poly guitars.

Does anyone know the facts here? Won't change how I feel about the guitar, but I'm still curious.

Thank you!
Ummmm….. pretty sure Nito over Cab after 2019.
Also….. pics.
Pics are mandatory to feed the Zealots.

Ummmm….. pretty sure Nito over Cab after 2019.
Also….. pics.
Pics are mandatory to feed the Zealots.
I really **** the bed on that one, didn't I?

OWryLF6.jpg

1gHAgvF.jpg

So strange! Does Nitro not all have that very distinct smell? Is it because it didn't come in a hardcase? My simple brain is confused, but thanks for the response!

I really **** the bed on that one, didn't I?

OWryLF6.jpg

1gHAgvF.jpg

So strange! Does Nitro not all have that very distinct smell? Is it because it didn't come in a hardcase? My simple brain is confused, but thanks for the response!
She’s purdy!
I’m about to get one next week I think in Eriza Green.
Nice Fiddle man! Play her in good health, as they say around here!

She’s purdy!
Thank you kindly. I highly considered the Eriza green. Absolutely stunning. I really wanted the Fire Red Burst, but the example in my local shop didn't have much figuring to the top, whereas the one I ended up getting has tons.

I hope you love your CE as much as I love mine!

I LOVE my 2020 CE24 semi-hollow, and I'm surprised I enjoy playing it more than my Core McCarty 594 SC. Funny how guitar parts can just come together in certain ways to make them connect with their players.

She’s purdy!
Is this the Faded Gray Black?? It looks almost purple-y in the pics above. Looks great to me - enjoy.

Is this the Faded Gray Black?? It looks almost purple-y in the pics above. Looks great to me - enjoy.
It is the faded grey black, yes. It wasn't my first choice tbh, but it grew on me, and the figuring is beautiful on this specific top. Dances like crazy.

great axe!
To my knowledge I thought all USA guitars were nitro finishes since 2020. I could be wrong. Pandemic may have altered the timeline. But I swear in some videos they stated that was the goal. But agree the S2 and CE are not advertised as nitro finished so it’s pretty vague

great axe!
To my knowledge I thought all USA guitars were nitro finishes since 2020. I could be wrong. Pandemic may have altered the timeline. But I swear in some videos they stated that was the goal. But agree the S2 and CE are not advertised as nitro finished so it’s pretty vague
Thank you!
Ya I'm not sure what to think. I read the same as you, and CE being a US build, I assumed nitro. But my LP has a very distinct nitro smell. This doesn't have ANY smell. I would have guessed poly, but it also doesn't produce fingerprints the same way poly does, so I'm a little confused. Either way, this is quickly becoming my favorite guitar.

Thank you!
Ya I'm not sure what to think. I read the same as you, and CE being a US build, I assumed nitro. But my LP has a very distinct nitro smell. This doesn't have ANY smell. I would have guessed poly, but it also doesn't produce fingerprints the same way poly does, so I'm a little confused. Either way, this is quickly becoming my favorite guitar.
You are correct, 2020 forward, all USA made guitars have Nitro finish. My guess is how a guitar has been stored has a lot to do with how much it still smells of Nitro as time goes on. If it's been kept in a case almost constantly, it'll smell much more. If it's been hanging on display in a store, much of that scent will have dissipated, (especially if it's been out for awhile) by the time it gets to you.
FWIW, I love the smell, wish there was a cologne of it ;)

Back