Question about colour fading

I accept the fade as part of the trip, just like we seem to fade (slightly) as we age. For me, playing the guitars is my real thrill. Sometimes I stop while tuning to admire the sound. They are objects of great beauty, no matter how dark or light the color. Mineral streaks in the tops just make them more unique in my eyes. We are blessed with first world problems with our first world guitars. I`ve never seen an ugly PRS, except the SE camo`s, and other people bought them. I think I`ll go watch my Bavaria Blue burst wrap fade on my 03 CE 24.

)

i like that color, stunning...
can't wait to see her color now after fading
Thank you sir
Here it is ready to be shipped at the factory
watch

Here it is at the dealer
watch

and this picture was taken in Feb when her sister the DC245 arrived
watch

Here's an interesting wrinkle to this conversation: In my sample size of two, I've had no top fading, but the back colors changed over time. Neither guitar got any particular consideration of being out in the light. I call them tan lines.

'98 CU24 Emerald Green (rare matching back), around 2011. The green turned more olive.

My '02 HBII in Turquoise. Somehow the sides and neck got darker. Taken today:

Sorry Bodia, It seems Photobucket did a number on me yesterday here she is on the factory floor in Dec 2013
1377225_10152563734520639_1630327769_n_zps0a3f6402.jpg

At the dealer before shipping not looking as dark due to lighting
513AP1_zpscc9ced11.jpg

and here she is last Feb with her sister the DC245
DSC03576_zpsl71j22pi.jpg

Got it! Such a great looking pair. A 594 of some type would round things out nicely! ;)

You read my mind Bodia, actually I may have to sell the DC to fund the purchase of an SC 594

Sorry Bodia, It seems Photobucket did a number on me yesterday here she is on the factory floor in Dec 2013
1377225_10152563734520639_1630327769_n_zps0a3f6402.jpg

At the dealer before shipping not looking as dark due to lighting
513AP1_zpscc9ced11.jpg

and here she is last Feb with her sister the DC245
DSC03576_zpsl71j22pi.jpg
Do those ever look terrific, G!

They do indeed, Thank you Les

but they don't hold a small candle to the gems you have

Depends on exposure to light and what type of pigment is used for a given color.

I can tell you from personal experience that Royal Blue can fade to Whale Blue, Purple can fade to Black Cherry and Emerald Green can can fade to a mossy or olive green. Also Indigo and Faded Blue Jean can also fade to lighter shades as well.

To keep the color protected, store your guitars in the case when not in use.
What does Trampas Green fade to, since it is kind of mossy to start with? A green-tinted gray?

Two colors for the price of one!

Anyone know how yellow fares?
From what I see on Reverb and eBay most of them still look yellow, but some vintage yellows seem Amber on some.
I'm curious about this too. I bought a 2003 yellow McCarty last year and it has nice flame to it, but it doesn't really "pop" like most colors I've seen. It still seems to be true to vintage yellow though.

What does Trampas Green fade to, since it is kind of mossy to start with? A green-tinted gray?
Yeah my 2019 trampas green CE is definitely faded to a darker shade of grey/green then when it was new

Six years is one helluva deep dive to pull this thread back up.
Yeah. Two things that go with that. 1- You would get new replies, and more updates on old ones, by just starting a new thread rather than bumping a really old one. So even if it’s the only thread of it’s kind, the old thread bump isn’t the best option. 2- However, there are numerous other newer threads on this very topic. Heck, there was one just a couple months ago and at least several during 2022.

So, it’s no great offense or anything, but it’s curious.

Back