Queensryche/Fates Warning

PRSAK

I am only an egg
Progmetalheads: If you haven't seen this double bill our on tour now and are a fan of these two bands be sure to make the effort and catch a show. Saw them in Albuquerque last night and was pretty blown away. Fates is opening and sound phenomenal. What a tight band. Ray sounds phenomenal and Jim Matheos (still my pick for most deserving artist model PRS) is just a pure bad ass. I actually wondered what Queensryche must think to follow that. Didn't need to! Queensryche is in awesome forms. I'm a long time fan and this lineup and material almost make me forget Geoff Tate AND Chris DeGarmo. They are that good. Enough gushing . Just wanted to sound the bell and encourage folks that may be on the fence to catch this combo on tour if they can.

Great to hear! I was hoping to,catch the Chicago show, but won't be able to.

I know I am late to this party but I must weigh in..
Yes if there is ever a musician deserving of a Siggy it's Jim Matheos.
I caught them on opening night as well Markd21.. Front of the stage right between Jim & Ray and they were a well oiled machine as always.
Album quality sound and performance which is unfortunately more than I can say for Dream Theater last Friday in St Pete..
One of the most disappointing concerts I have been to in recent "Scenes From A Memory".
The sound was almost unbearable which I could understand if it were any other band but not from Dream Theater.
Sounded like an arena show form back in the 80's. Too loud, Distorted, Clipping, and Jordan's Keys were fighting with James's vocals all night...
Interested to see if anyone else was at the St Pete show or any other show for this tour and if they felt the same.

I know I am late to this party but I must weigh in..
Yes if there is ever a musician deserving of a Siggy it's Jim Matheos.
I caught them on opening night as well Markd21.. Front of the stage right between Jim & Ray and they were a well oiled machine as always.
Album quality sound and performance which is unfortunately more than I can say for Dream Theater last Friday in St Pete..
One of the most disappointing concerts I have been to in recent "Scenes From A Memory".
The sound was almost unbearable which I could understand if it were any other band but not from Dream Theater.
Sounded like an arena show form back in the 80's. Too loud, Distorted, Clipping, and Jordan's Keys were fighting with James's vocals all night...
Interested to see if anyone else was at the St Pete show or any other show for this tour and if they felt the same.
Interesting. I've seen DT probly half a dozen times and the sound is almost always top-notch.

Back