Public Service Announcement

Father Flaherty was preaching to his parishioners one Sunday, and was visibly getting worked up in his sermon. He finally blurted out, "Anyone who wishes to go to h*ll, please stand up!"

Following a brief contracted silence, Mr. Murphy from the back of the parish slowly rises from the pew.

"Mr. Murphy," Father Flaherty booms out, "Why are you standing? Do YOU wish to go to h*ll?"

"No, Father," says Mr. Murphy, "I just thought you'd seem awful lonely, standing there by yourself."

(P.S. Remind me to not let guests tweak my thermostat in my apartment.)

We learn through pain. Next time, wear rubber gloves.

For chopping the pepper, that is.

-K

We learn through pain. Next time, wear rubber gloves.

For chopping the pepper, that is.

-K

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to mention this. I also wear gloves these days for carving turkey, handling uncooked meat and working on my vehicles. Separate boxes of rubber gloves in the kitchen and in the garage.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to mention this. I also wear gloves these days for carving turkey, handling uncooked meat and working on my vehicles. Separate boxes of rubber gloves in the kitchen and in the garage.

Many pro chefs use nitrile or latex gloves for preparing food. The reality is more for food safety rather than protection, except when the chef might have finger cuts with bandages that might contaminate the food. Then, it becomes a requirement, both to prevent food contamination, but also to prevent blood poisoning from any residual fluids or bacteria. Not so much an issue regards fluids and chopping veggies or fruit, but still presents a unique challenge for bandaged fingers...

I've been told that 5 slices isn't even a mouthful :p

tumblr_mt3o48QXqS1r5t0p7o1_400.gif

Back