PTC UK experiance

Simon Says

The Owl guy
I have just sent the PTC request to the guys in Cambridge. I'm waiting for how much the damage will be. I'm expecting nothing short of great service, but can I have a run on how the prices look like from guys who had experiance with them?

Job will be to swap Phase 1 tuners on to Phase 3 (I already have the tuners), plugging old holes, matching finish. I may do a fret dress too, if I can afford it

I have just sent the PTC request to the guys in Cambridge. I'm waiting for how much the damage will be. I'm expecting nothing short of great service, but can I have a run on how the prices look like from guys who had experiance with them?

Job will be to swap Phase 1 tuners on to Phase 3 (I already have the tuners), plugging old holes, matching finish. I may do a fret dress too, if I can afford it

The guy that does the re-finish work uploads to IG and his work is top notch.

Here’s a link to his IG

Thank you good Sir. I owe you some haggis

I required help repairing/replacing my 513s neck pickup last year and found PTC in Cambridge extremely slow in their communications. If I were you, I would go with Montys as they appear to have served you well so far.

I required help repairing/replacing my 513s neck pickup last year and found PTC in Cambridge extremely slow in their communications. If I were you, I would go with Montys as they appear to have served you well.

I had to wait for initial interaction with PTC UK for a while, but after that, the communication flowed well. The solution I was given is a full refinish in a solid colour, but I won't go that way. I will leave it as it is and call it a history of this guitar. It's just old tuners' holes. Total refinish is overkill, IMO.

I indeed was pleased with the service I got from Monty's. Frets are now nicely rounded, and money is well spent. Having Matt and George locally is a godsend. All service was done in 24 hours.

Back