PTC Scratch Repair

When they quote you things its because they believe it is whats best for the instrument because at the end of the day, it CANNOT leave the work bench without looking like a new PRS. Their standards are high so why it may seem like they are trying to have a larger job done instead of a spot repair, theyre actually doing it for QC reasons. There are plenty of qualified repair techs and luthiers out there so dont ever feel like PTC is the only option, but know that when they do work - they freakin' nail.

That's the thing. They've quoted and done spot repairs on poly guitars, and while they're not perfect, it's what I would call acceptable for the cost (see Sage's CU-24 as an example...his was on the top). My scratch is on the mahogany side body. Nitro finished guitars are supposed to be easier to spot repair. Even if the nitro spot repair came out looking like a poly spot repair, I'd be okay with that. I'm just a bit surprised that PTC can't tackle a spot repair on a nitro guitar, but many luthiers confidently can.

Bottom line: I'm not spending tons of money on a re-finish of an entire guitar...not for a little scratch.

My experiences with the PTC have been stellar. Everything was beautifully taken care of, and I'm more than comfortable having them work on my guitars. In fact, I'm not sure I'd want anyone else to handle setups or repairs for my gear.

I have a guitar there now, come to think of it...

Back