PTC remakes - my experience

d2g

Commitment lacking talent
If you’re considering a PTC makeover let me offer my experience... I’m not a pro player; I’m a serious lifelong musician who continually learns.

Have to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the amazing transformation of my 1993 Custom 22... updates included the current nut, brass insert bridge, wiring, and the 58/15 LT pickups - versus the original Dragons in there. I’m the original owner. Always a great guitar. Was never my favorite. Until now.

Second, you guys also recently transformed my Tonare T60E - I would easily put that guitar up next to anything - and have. It was awesome before your magic touch. Now - simply magic.

Third, a few years ago you transformed my DC3. Always loved that one too. Now even more.

In each case, I’ve been blown away by the before and after - the guitars were always excellent and motivated me to play. PTC took them to the next level. Totally. Not an exaggeration. Not a pitch. Just my experience.

if you’re considering a PTC refresh, don’t hesitate. The attention to detail will amaze you. Frets, setup, details - all in the equation.

Next I hope to have my ZM Koa SE singlecut remade.

Eternally grateful and proud to play PRS!!!

Don Gabrielson

If you’re considering a PTC makeover let me offer my experience... I’m not a pro player; I’m a serious lifelong musician who continually learns.

Have to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the amazing transformation of my 1993 Custom 22... updates included the current nut, brass insert bridge, wiring, and the 58/15 LT pickups - versus the original Dragons in there. I’m the original owner. Always a great guitar. Was never my favorite. Until now.

Second, you guys also recently transformed my Tonare T60E - I would easily put that guitar up next to anything - and have. It was awesome before your magic touch. Now - simply magic.

Third, a few years ago you transformed my DC3. Always loved that one too. Now even more.

In each case, I’ve been blown away by the before and after - the guitars were always excellent and motivated me to play. PTC took them to the next level. Totally. Not an exaggeration. Not a pitch. Just my experience.

if you’re considering a PTC refresh, don’t hesitate. The attention to detail will amaze you. Frets, setup, details - all in the equation.

Next I hope to have my ZM Koa SE singlecut remade.

Eternally grateful and proud to play PRS!!!

Don Gabrielson

This X100. Magicians.

I've had two amazing experiences with the PTC as well. Couldn't recommend them more strongly. Simply perfect work. I'll even toss in two really good warranty situations that were taken care of. Great folks, for sure.

0ECAjECAXvdeGJDrsUPnlB2ug

What all did they do for your T60E? Just wondering if makeover should be in my A55e’s future.

I wouldn’t hesitate to have your T55 set up. Takes from a production spec to a detailed pro setup.

For my T60E - not exactly sure of every detail - Skitch can tell you - but typically it’s a setup that includes fret leveling, verifying the nut is firmly glued, not slots are clean, bridge setup, action is definitely lower than when I got it from a high end specialty dealer who had also done a setup - the little things all add up.

What I noted after PTC was greater sustain and clarity and definitely a more characterful voice - all in a good way.

I offer that I’ve owned some pretty expensive guitars and played some obscenely expensive guitars - including PRS Private Stock acoustics -

I’ll always dream of a PS Acoustic of my own, but I can tell you unequivocally that the PTC setup dropped my jaw. Strings also matter. A lot.

I play two main acoustics - the T60E and a Blackbird Lucky 13. Very different voices. Both characterful and satisfyingly complex.

Hope this helps. All based on my experience.

Back