PTC Refinish

yankeebulldog

I don't like to get that specific
Just got this in a couple of days ago....reinish from Amber to Smoked Cherry Burst with a satin treatment on the neck:

IMG_1878_zpsf6656c23.jpg

IMG_1880_zps53856ab1.jpg

IMG_1882_zpsc731789e.jpg

Very happy camper here. Wanted to give out some thanks to the PTC for a job well done.

I'm serious "eyeballing" that satin neck treatment for my Westy.

The refinished color looks fantastic. Do you have any photos of the guitar prior to the refin?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;59423 said:

The refinished color looks fantastic. Do you have any photos of the guitar prior to the refin?

Here is the dealer pic, but their camera and lighting pulls out a lot of color and figure that doesn't show up in normal light:
167162-4_zpsc05c823e.jpg

Wow Alan, that looks great! I too really dig the satin treatment on the nck.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;59423 said:

I'm cool with that. :flute:

Wow Alan, that looks great! I too really dig the satin treatment on the nck.

I'm cool with that. :flute:
I speced my 2 PS builds with that same neck finish. Considering doing the micromesh treatment to my HB Spruce so there will be no more glossy necks...ever!!!!!

Shawn-- is it a big undertaking to get the exposed maple like a binding on these. I have a P22 in black gold wrap around. Love the color but think it would be a bit sweeter with the exposed maple edge and then add the satin neck. But is that was too big of an ordeal the satin Neck would really be something I would consider.
2012-10-14_19-45-14_685-1.jpg

Hey Lee- To create a natural maple binding would require a complete strip and refin. The satin neck stinger can be accomplished with the existing finish.

Back