PTC questions

madhermit

I currently own a 25th anniversary singlecut Hollowbody II with has 5708's installed. I have 2 questions.

I would like to send it to the PTC for 1 or 2 things...

1. Anyone have a ballpark of how much it would be to get it to have 5708's that can be coil split? I have read a normal push//pull won't fit, so they have to put in a mini toggle. Fine with me. My pickups do not have the wiring to do it though, so I guess I would need new pickups?

2. Can the new piezo system be retro fit? I have the original one, but I have heard the new one is better. Not a big deal, but if I am sending it in, can they add a new motherboard easily?

Just wondering...

I have tapped 57/08s in a SC HB Std, with push/pulls that we're installed by PTC. It's amazing. I don't have a cost estimate on the pups, but am also interested in finding out. My new SC HB II's 57/08s aren't tappable either. I think they (or someone willing to mess around) could add another wire, at the mid-point of the two coils, permitting the tap.

I also don't see why the piezo upgrade wouldn't work. I love both versions, but the new one is smoother to my ears.

Can the new piezo system be retro fit? I have the original one, but I have heard the new one is better. Not a big deal, but if I am sending it in, can they add a new motherboard easily?

yes, I have a 25th anny SCHB and I upgraded my piezo system to the new one. what was good (I really liked the original Piezo system) got even better. if your piezo system get some action I recommend the upgrade. PTC can do it for you

Back