PTC Project- '86 Swirl

Any more progress to report, will we get some pictures of the assembled finished product? What do you guys do with the serial numbers, both inside and on the back of the headstock, are they all recreated as they were original?

Any more progress to report, will we get some pictures of the assembled finished product? What do you guys do with the serial numbers, both inside and on the back of the headstock, are they all recreated as they were original?

Our fearless PTC leader is away from the office for a few days so the photos will probably roll in upon his arrival but regarding the serial number, I had my guitar completely refinished and they keep the same number that was originally on the instrument.

I meant to take another photo earlier this week but I just ran out of time. I ll post some pics of the completed project soon.

We will recreate the serial number just as it was so we'll re-stamp this one

Our fearless PTC leader is away from the office for a few days so the photos will probably roll in upon his arrival but regarding the serial number, I had my guitar completely refinished and they keep the same number that was originally on the instrument.
What I've seen so far is outstanding, I can't wait to see the completed project.
I meant to take another photo earlier this week but I just ran out of time. I ll post some pics of the completed project soon.

We will recreate the serial number just as it was so we'll re-stamp this one

Okay, the old ones do get restamped as they came originally not merely drawn on with gold pens. That's what I was fishing for.

This one is getting close to completion. Here are a couple more shots before she gets assembled in the next couple of days.

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That headstock looks amazing. The logo looks as good as new. To think it was hiding under the swirl all these years. I'm going to go bananas when I get it back again! Thanks for all the hard work.

This beauty has been loaded up on the truck and is heading home. So here is the final reveal.

She cleans up nice
IMG_1500.jpg

Like new
IMG_1503.jpg

original logo
IMG_1502.jpg

The Maestro
IMG_1505.jpg

Last edited:
What an amazing transformation. As a final post, you should show a side-by-side, before and after photo.

Thanks again for sharing, Shawn. :cool:

That is the cats meow, beautiful! There should be one anxious customer waiting on the UPS man.

In the event that the original headstock logo is destroyed or removed, are you guys able to replicate the early small signature?

Last edited:
Back