PTC for setup?

Sekunda

Music is life
Ok… I've had my Custom 22 for 14 years now… never had it professionally setup. It's starting to have some freaky things going on… action feels strange in certain spots, the strings sound clanky up around the 12th-17th frets. It seems to me like a pro setup would fix this and get it back to feeling new again. I'm thinking of just sending it to the PTC to have it done, the cost is not much more than having it done locally (by a pro). I have done it myself up until now… I think it just needs a pro touch this time.

My question to all of you...

Who of you has had a regular setup done by the PTC and how did it feel when you got it back? Compared to before the setup. I'm just interested in tipping my balance one way or the other… I think I already know the answer.

Thanks guys! (and gals, if so inclined)

I sent in a older Custom 22 for a refret and set up and when I got I back it was like new. They even buffed it out and all the little micro scratches were gone. I will be spending in another soon without hesitation.

I didn't send mine in, but local dealer had a PRS tech day and they dragged Skitchy with them. So he did setup on my Custom 22 at dealer and dialed it in completely!

I had a setup done on a CE that got a new neck carve and finish by the PTC and they did a fantastic job! I'm thinking I may need to send another CE in for a new nut and setup 'cause just like yours its been twenty-some years.

Back