PTC custom work on my SAS - Narrofwields ROCK!!!!

Bluesverb

Currently in a long term relationship with myself!
WARNING to all. I have had a few ideas that are some what "out of the box thinking". Without posting my resume, problem solving and critical thinking was a major component in my career. I would love to help start a discussion on increasing throughput, reducing shrinkage, and reducing man hours to further PRS's market share.

I Warned YOU!!!!!! LOL

That said, my love for PRS guitars, the people, and the company has spurred many ideas that I decided to finally to act upon one of them.

In the coming days, Matt King will be putting my PRS SAS Narrowfield into the very capable hands of the PTC. As such, some may like or dislike the guitar when it is all said and done. However, this guitar represents my commitment to ADD a new sound (albeit good or bad) to a PRS guitar.

That said, I will look forward to the pictures they post and welcome any comments (again good or bad) that you may have.

Besides, I have never played or seen a BAD PRS guitar. Just different guitars with different sounds to fit into the objectives and market that they are competing against.

Whereas gibon and fener frequently come out will very silly instruments, to say the least.

Again, I welcome your thoughts.......

Bluesverb

Forgive me, but I'm a bit confused by the wording of your post. Congrats on sending your SAS into the PTC... but on what specifically are you seeking responses?

What am I doing???? I am going to keep it a secret for the sake of suspense!!!!! LOL

I just dropped it off and it will be a while before the pics are up.

What am I doing???? I am going to keep it a secret for the sake of suspense!!!!! LOL

I just dropped it off and it will be a while before the pics are up.
I'm not suspended. You should at least give us a clue as to what in tarnation you're doing. That would be suspenseful.

Ok. What I will say is that it does involve a pickup combination that never has been tried out before. I have confirmed this with the Private Stock team. That said, if it works/sounds great, than it is a great idea that I had. If it sucks, than obviously someone messed up my guitar and ruined it without any consent from me. LOL

A lot of good guesses. Keep them coming. I do love the narrow fields, all versions, save for the neck on my 408. It is ok, but, just not exactly my flavor. The narrowfields on the SAS are every bit a humbucker, a single coil, and a P-90.

BTW - I am a big fan of the HFS/VB, the Metal Pickups, and Dragon IIs. Yes, I like the 57/08s and the 59/09s.

A lot of good guesses. Keep them coming. I do love the narrow fields, all versions, save for the neck on my 408. It is ok, but, just not exactly my flavor. The narrowfields on the SAS are every bit a humbucker, a single coil, and a P-90.

BTW - I am a big fan of the HFS/VB, the Metal Pickups, and Dragon IIs. Yes, I like the 57/08s and the 59/09s.

You are getting 3 narrow fields and gluing them together and then having them installed perpendicular to the body X2. Thus giving you a whopping 12 pickups, all with a weird magnetic overlay and phase issues. And the PTC team scratching their heads but glad to take your money.

Smiles and peace signs :)

Back