Psyched! Just bought the SE Angelus Custom at a steal

bronxking

I never heard of PRS Guitars until last Sunday at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge 10K Run where PRS set up a booth with their new A10E. Little did I know that the PRS headquarter was literally across the street from the finish line! Yes to local businesses!

So I played the A10E at the booth and quickly fell in love with the feel of the guitar and the low action. It was hard to hear the guitar with all the noise around, so I headed over to the local music store the next day and played both the A10E and the SE Angelus Standard. Both sounded great but I was planning to hold off until Christmas to make a decision. In the days after, I kept thinking about it and read everything I can about the the A10E, Standard, and Custom. I went to another music store that had the Custom in stock, which turned out to be Guitar Center. After playing the Standard and the Custom, I liked the brighter, bigger sound of the Standard than the warmer sound of the Custom. But.....GC was selling the Custom priced below the A10E, not to mention the Standard! I could not believe it. I inspected the Custom and played it for another half an hour. The warmer sound was warming up to me. There was nothing wrong with it, brand new, 2013, no blemishes. There must have been a computer glitch, but the salesperson said it was on sale in their computer system even though the website itself doesn't show there's a sale. I couldn't wait for Christmas and jumped at it and now I'm a happy owner of the Custom!

Thanks PRS for being at the race or else I would have never known about your guitars. I'm telling all my friends to get a PRS!

Sorta similar story here. The local GC (in sales tax free Oregon) had ONE Custom in stock. The "15% off" deal was probably not supposed to apply, but they gave it to me anyway. AND they accepted a credit card that had a special promotion underway, so I got a 5% rebate on top of that.

Great deal on a great guitar.

Well...We got good news n' bad news for you ...now you're hooked!!! LOL ...Congrats on great guitars! (Wait til you try their electrics!!!) Right, Django??

Fantastic! Always nice to find a great guitar (and getting a good price on it is the icing on the cake).

Congrats! The SE Angelus Custom is an outstanding bang-for-the-buck guitar. Electronics or no?

Back