PSA - Paul's "Actual" Guitar for Sale

It's not a PRSh-personal thing vs. the Paul's Guitar production model thing--it's actually because of the rosewood neck. ALL PRS rosewood necks get their serial numbers stamped-in and not handwritten, since rosewood necks don't get the typical finish applied to them (rosewood doesn't need it; they're basically unfinished/raw wood).

The production Paul's Guitar has a mahogany neck with standard finish on it, so they hand-write in paint-marker over that. I guess one could ask "why not hand-write in gold paint marker over the dark rosewood, too?" And I suppose that's still a good question. But personally I suspect that they hand-write the # and then apply one more clear-coat over it (?).

I hope whoever buys it uses the guitar to write and record some interesting music. Guitars like that shouldn’t be just hung up and stared at, IMHO.

Looks like an Indian Rosewood neck, not Brazilian. What do you guys think?

Looks like an Indian Rosewood neck, not Brazilian. What do you guys think?
The story behind it implies that it's a regular-production guitar that Paul then snatched back from a dealer. And it's also apparently a Modern Eagle II. So, knowing those things (not custom, and being MEII) it would have to be Indian Rosewood because that's what was on the MEII guitars.

That's not a unique color, there are many guitars with that color that were made. It was in fact, a production color for that line of production guitars.

Whomever is selling that is delusional. That's already dropped $5k shows that no one has any interested in some random guitar Paul played for a little bit at that price.

Is it cool to have a guitar that Paul played and liked? Yes. Is it worth 4x the price of what the guitar would otherwise cost? Nah.

How many guitars were Paul’s over the year?
Not a lot. He has never kept many for himself and some he played for a couple of years. He has played PRS guitars that weren’t his at appearances, and sometimes those are sold.

I would speculate guitars that would be considered his would be in the 17-25 range.

Not a lot. He has never kept many for himself and some he played for a couple of years. He has played PRS guitars that weren’t his at appearances, and sometimes those are sold.

I would speculate guitars that would be considered his would be in the 17-25 range.
That’s the range I would guess as well based on what I’ve read over the years.

I was merely suggesting the asking price for this particular listing is...rather generous :)

$17-25k?!:eek:

Ahhh yes...the old "spaghetti against the wall" method. ;)

Did you mean boxers?!

Back