PS lock-in event and New SE range unveiling

Gibsonwarrior

So my local store here in the UK (Richtone Music) are having a Private Stock event night along with unveiling some new SE models. Does anyone have any idea what these might be? Maybe they are running the Matte Black models you've already seen in the US?

I haven't heard of any new SE models. Although I'm sure there are some coming, there always are. And probably some updates to a few current models.

I also wonder if there are updates to the S2 line coming... they seem to have become very, very scarce. Sweetwater hardly has any in stock. Which is very strange. Unless it's just plain a demand shortage. But I'm wondering if they're scaling back production in preparation to launch new models and updates, so dealers don't have to discount NOS pieces.

At any rate, I'm always hoping for more mahogany necks on SE models, and stoptail bridges on everything. Seems like a large majority of SE's have maple necks now - CU24, CU22, CU22 semi, Tremonti Custom. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that some people like maple, but I think the classic recipe is mahogany necks, like we see on the majority of S2's and Core models. And I can't get enough of a stoptail on a Custom model. My first PRS was a flat top SE Custom 22 with stoptail... loved that guitar. Can't get 'em like that any more.

Whatever happened to the SE standard range? Seems like they came along just at the same time as they put the prices up on the normal SE's. Now you don't see them much anymore.

Whatever happened to the SE standard range? Seems like they came along just at the same time as they put the prices up on the normal SE's. Now you don't see them much anymore.
:confused:

Sweetwater still seems to carry them, two colors each of three models (missing the SE Standard 22) - they have two in stock, and four not in stock but they state they will be back in stock shortly.

At this time of year it is typical for retailers to not have much stock, while they await the next year's model releases. IIRC it is mid-October for the PRS SE line.

The Marsdens with the matt neck have been out a few weeks. Looks like Andertons have let the cat out of the bag early by announcing the maple necked Custom 24's covered in another thread earlier today

https://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitar...MI49iezIvG1gIVxLztCh2zYwiMEAQYAiABEgJb3PD_BwE

Bit of misinformation in the first paragraph of that blog post. They don't seem to realize that SE's have had maple necks for a while it's just the boards and the finish on the back of the neck that is different.

Last edited:
Back