PS 4715 - Completed = Future NGD Coming!!

We gotta get you one of these! Welcome to the zombie club.

Screen-shot-2014-08-15-at-10.16.51-PM.png

Chris:

That thing turned out AWESOME!!

Well done, looks great with the Black Tailpiece!

(I took a long hiatus from the forum, just getting caught up...)

-Pete

Wow, great choice - incredible looking guitar. I think you improved it further with the black tail-piece.

Just one question though, why did you choose the narrow field 408s for the bridge? I've seen a lot of people making the same choice, is the the wide treble pickup not up to the job?

That thing turned out AWESOME!!

(I took a long hiatus from the forum, just getting caught up...)

Hey Pete...welcome back to the boards!!! Thanks for the kudos and to be honest that WL Ted I bought off of you (which I still have) was the catalyst for falling back in love with SC's again and after buying my first Private Stock from Brian (a stock SC245 Private Stock - my NGD thread is here http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?7017-NGD-My-1st-PS!!) it was all down hill from there. Congrats on your own recent PS build start...it should be killer!

Just one question though, why did you choose the narrow field 408s for the bridge? I've seen a lot of people making the same choice, is the the wide treble pickup not up to the job?
No...I don't think that's the case at all; the wide 408 is a great pickup that many people are in love with. Personally, I stuck with the "Paul's Guitar" configuration after really thinking about Tone in comparison to the guitars that I already own / have owned. Brian and I also went back and forth on Tone and configurations choices...something I highly recommend anyone does when buying a guitar (any guitar); talk to your dealer as they have played WAY more guitars that you probably have.

Last edited:
NICE - Zombie Stage One!! So now that there has been a Stage 1 and a Stage 3 made...what in the world would Stage 2 look like? HEY BRIAN - I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU to put on together on your next PS run later in the month!! :rock:

Zombie Club(?)

Have fun with that one!

NICE - Zombie Stage One!! So now that there has been a Stage 1 and a Stage 3 made...what in the world would Stage 2 look like? HEY BRIAN - I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU to put on together on your next PS run later in the month!! :rock:

I dont knoooow man, we usually stick to pretty conservative colors in the vault...
;)

Back