PS 4715 - Completed = Future NGD Coming!!

goof1073

So got the call the other day that PS 4715 was done and then today I see a finished shot of it within the Private Stock Friday (PSF) thread. It's an SC Ted / Paul's Guitar hybrid (SC245, Santana Headstock, SC Controls with push-pull tone pots) with a Chaltecoco neck and a BRW Board. We landed on calling the finish "Zombie Stage 3" since it came from the bottom of the Zombie Fade finish that Brian over at Brian's Guitars originated.

What do you guys think? I'm a little on the fence about the anodized stoptail (was thinking of changing it out for a black one or maybe just the studs to keep the hybrid look) and the clear knobs (maybe switching to black)...thoughts are welcome!!

Oh and I can't say enough good things about Brian's Guitars; Brian was a pleasure to deal with, really helpfull and was always there to bounce ideas / questions off of.

attachment.php

Beautiful guitar, congrats! I dig the clear knobs, but black ones would look meaner. Depends on what you want! I would leave it.

I'd have a black stop tail with gold bolts, black knobs. :)

that would look totally bad ass

Black stop tail and black knobs. Totally killer top on your new ps

Awesome looking. The only thing I would personally change is the knobs, but instead of black I would put amber lampshades on it.

Whatever you decide to do about knobs, etc., that's sure a killer looking guitar!

I have the clear knobs on my blue PS, and love them! My boyfrie..., um...I mean girlfriend and all my musician friends seem to hate them though. I guess its truly a love hate relationship. With a color nmed "Zombie" though, maybe black knobs is really the way to go. :rock:

Toner-worthy...would indeed be curious as suggested above if amber lampshades would bring out the bridge more...

I think its pretty cool the way it is. But if your on the fence about the stoptail finish already, then I would go with your gut feeling and change it. Oh yeah, Congrats!

So after giving it thought I opt'd to switch out the gold stop-tail for a black one, which took a good amount of time to come in since PRS didn't have any in stock / had to place an order. Well I got the call the other day from Brian that it showed up and then I get this glamour shot...SO MUCH BETTER!!! This baby will be on it's way to me on Monday...can't wait to finally get this one home!

DSC_4700.jpg

So after giving it thought I opt'd to switch out the gold stop-tail for a black one, which took a good amount of time to come in since PRS didn't have any in stock / had to place an order. Well I got the call the other day from Brian that it showed up and then I get this glamour shot...SO MUCH BETTER!!! This baby will be on it's way to me on Monday...can't wait to finally get this one home!

DSC_4700.jpg
Oh damn, that's sick!

Back