PRS's biggest failure, sales wise.

Some of their failures were real turds, like the McCarty II and the 25th McCarty with narrowfields. Others turned out to be collector's items like the Metal model which didn't fly off the shelf when it was introduced but is now a collectors piece.

I must personally disagree. i think my mccarty 25 nf is the best sounding guitar i have heard in my 30+ yrs of guitar playing. and with that, i will meet you at the flag pole after school to mano-mano this one out!!! (lol)

My EG Series II experience

CE-man;23618[FONT=georgia said:
]Early EG's didn't fly very well.[/FONT]

I can respect the opinions of those who aren't EG fans. My personal EG experience goes like this. I bought an EG Series II H/S/H NEW IN 1992. I never was totally happy with it, but I held on to it anyway. Now, 20 years later I really like it. My playing style changed and now I am able to get more out of the EG by playing with a lighter touch and a tad more finesse. The guitar didn't grow on me, I grew into the guitar.

:congrats: :prslogo:

Greta story... a buddy of mines kid worked at the old factory...said the first batch of the Rasta guitar was built in a lot of 3...or maybe 5...cant remember...but were all refused by Carlos and sent back to the factory because the color scheme was reversed.so he picked it up for a dime and gave it to his dad. SCREAMS!!!

I kinda like that billy SE very bare-bones vibe to it, excluding the weird green inlay, if it was just green dots/moons then it'd be much better =3

IMO, stupid/weird/out-of-place-looking 12th fret inlays and/or an artists name emblazoned across the front is a surefire way to make sure you have poor sales.

Mira X. Love mine. Extremely light and resonant. But really, you can find them used for about the price of a new SE if you look around.
Original Studio model. The 10 tops on those are terrible (had one). Because of the routing for the neck tenon and pups, they had to drop in scrap wood to get a top. Ruined it.
Early basses. Have seen less than a dozen of them over the years. Just never seem to have sold.

IMO, stupid/weird/out-of-place-looking 12th fret inlays and/or an artists name emblazoned across the front is a surefire way to make sure you have poor sales.
Doesn't seem to be hurting ESP's LTD line - they have ugly bar inlays with obtuse model names like "EC-401" at the 12th.

With modern replacement pickups, they would be better. I didn't have the guitar for long, but it seems to me there was quite an imbalance in sound between the bridge humbucker and the single coils.

I have a buddy that's supposed to bring one by in a week or so, he's not really a PRS dude so I'll see if I can trick him into leaving it here.

i think my mccarty 25 nf is the best sounding guitar i have heard in my 30+ yrs of guitar playing.

YES, best sounding guitar i have heard in my 30+ yrs of guitar playing.

YES, biggest failure sales wise, so I was able to buy my 2010 NF as NOS in 2016. Thanks to all who disregarded this guitar in the store.

full

Now with black pickup rings, rosewood tuner buttons and an adjustable stoptail.

Perhaps it would be better to list the guitars that were tremendous hits, and then abruptly discontinued. The original McCarty comes to mind...To me, they messed with a good thing not to be repeated.

If it was for sale and isn't now....that would be your answer. Paul said at one of the Experiences that if they don't sell, they don't get made.

The PRS Banjo.

Yep. I knew that one was doomed when PRS failed to sign Sergio as artist endorser to do the funk/blugrass product launch video.

As I understand it, they had all the terms and money worked out, but Sergio refused to were the require "PRS Fez" for the video." According to the Accessory Shop, the Fez didn't last long either.

Back