PRS Zach Myers SE - built in Indonesia with Glossy Neck?! rather than Satin Finish..

johnhui

Hi all,

Recently I bought a PRS Zach Myers SE from an official dealer. Nevertheless, rather than having a satin finish neck, it has a glossy finish.

Anyone knows about it? As far as i read through the posts, everyone said the neck is with Satin finish.

Please help.

Mine has the satin finish. I don't know if they changed the spec or not with newer models.

Possible I suppose. Check with the dealer and see if there are others, or if the specs changed. In any event, if you don’t like it, take it back.

Possible I suppose. Check with the dealer and see if there are others, or if the specs changed. In any event, if you don’t like it, take it back.
Thanks. Even the official online catalog said it comes with satin finished neck. Let me call PRS customer service to ask. I wonder if I would be that unlucky (or lucky) ? haha

Also I've seen Indonesian made SE Holcomb recently with barely-satinized neck. It's like the neck finish was not brushed well enough so it remained glossier than many other SE Holcombs I've seen. Another production issues from PRS Indonesian factory.

And for your SE Myers, I believe it's caused by lacks of attention to production quality, and I've seen so many issues since they've moved almost entire SE production to there.

IMHO - you should never have to "fix" a new guitar.

Return it.
Almost agree. Pretty much every new guitar I've ever bought (except my only USA PRS) needed a fret level to meet my expectations. This includes custom shop and other USA makes. But, I'm picky so there's that to consider.

Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars. The finish on the necks of the ZM model should be satin. The factory hand sands the neck to create the satin finish, so it would appear that they forgot to sand this particular guitar. If you contact your dealer, they can assist you in getting a repair or exchange.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars.

I will be heading to my local auto parts store to pick up some 1200 paper to sand the neck of my Korean Tremonti when I leave the house today.
Bob

Back