PRS you just can't bond with...

I had this 20th anniversary Cu22 that I loved in a lot of ways, but after years I realized it was just never getting out of the closet and getting played. It was a gorgeous thing, amazing top, a color that wasn't officially available on that model, and the 20th anniversary birds with wisps, which I always particularly liked. But it wasn't getting played, so I let it go, and don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

prs05.png

rbg1_reduced.jpg

It has only happened to me with specific guitars. I had two Custom 24’s … one of which was gorgeous but I just didn’t bond with it. Pickup changes didn’t help at all. Maybe that guitar and I had met in a previous life and had a falling out. I really don’t know. It was beautiful though. It also played well. But I couldn’t love it.

So I sold that mofo.

I had this 20th anniversary Cu22 that I loved in a lot of ways, but after years I realized it was just never getting out of the closet and getting played. It was a gorgeous thing, amazing top, a color that wasn't officially available on that model, and the 20th anniversary birds with wisps, which I always particularly liked. But it wasn't getting played, so I let it go, and don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

prs05.png

rbg1_reduced.jpg
Absolutely beautiful. 20th Anni are my favorite, (check my avatar). I've had a few PRS' I didn't "bond" with. Not the fault of the guitar. We all like different things.

Silver Sky and an SE CU24 for me. The necks on both didn't work for me for some reason.
I have a 594 DC and SC, and play those fine.

The newer CE's. I bought a 2018 and it just doesn't do it for me. Kind of bland sounding.

Same here. Haven't owned one, but have tried solid and semi hollow models a couple of times, really just for something to use when trying out pedals or amps at the shop, and haven't ever felt a connection. It's like the most okayest sounding guitar I've ever tried. It didn't do anything wrong, or sound wrong, and yet I didn't like it. But, I generally prefer set, mahogany necks. I do like the SS, but it's got a whole other thing going on.

I've had a CE22, SC58, McCarty 58, a couple Ted McCarty's (both DC and SC) and several Core McCarty's. The only PRS I can't get along with is my DC22. It's beautiful and sounds great, but there's just something about how it's laid out etc that I don't get along with.

Back