PRS you just can't bond with...

Herr Squid

I was severely impressed
I had this 20th anniversary Cu22 that I loved in a lot of ways, but after years I realized it was just never getting out of the closet and getting played. It was a gorgeous thing, amazing top, a color that wasn't officially available on that model, and the 20th anniversary birds with wisps, which I always particularly liked. But it wasn't getting played, so I let it go, and don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

prs05.png

rbg1_reduced.jpg

Casi1

It has only happened to me with specific guitars. I had two Custom 24’s … one of which was gorgeous but I just didn’t bond with it. Pickup changes didn’t help at all. Maybe that guitar and I had met in a previous life and had a falling out. I really don’t know. It was beautiful though. It also played well. But I couldn’t love it.

So I sold that mofo.

mad monk

Your father's Oldsmobile
I had this 20th anniversary Cu22 that I loved in a lot of ways, but after years I realized it was just never getting out of the closet and getting played. It was a gorgeous thing, amazing top, a color that wasn't officially available on that model, and the 20th anniversary birds with wisps, which I always particularly liked. But it wasn't getting played, so I let it go, and don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

prs05.png

rbg1_reduced.jpg
Absolutely beautiful. 20th Anni are my favorite, (check my avatar). I've had a few PRS' I didn't "bond" with. Not the fault of the guitar. We all like different things.

NeubyWanKaneuby

Silver Sky and an SE CU24 for me. The necks on both didn't work for me for some reason.
I have a 594 DC and SC, and play those fine.

andy474x

Knows the Drill
The newer CE's. I bought a 2018 and it just doesn't do it for me. Kind of bland sounding.

Same here. Haven't owned one, but have tried solid and semi hollow models a couple of times, really just for something to use when trying out pedals or amps at the shop, and haven't ever felt a connection. It's like the most okayest sounding guitar I've ever tried. It didn't do anything wrong, or sound wrong, and yet I didn't like it. But, I generally prefer set, mahogany necks. I do like the SS, but it's got a whole other thing going on.

Senor Verde

I've had a CE22, SC58, McCarty 58, a couple Ted McCarty's (both DC and SC) and several Core McCarty's. The only PRS I can't get along with is my DC22. It's beautiful and sounds great, but there's just something about how it's laid out etc that I don't get along with.