PRS with Piezo pickups

Sekunda

Music is life
What models are you guys using? What amp selection? I'm thinking about getting something with piezos and not really sure what the options are. Do I need a 2nd amp? Thanks for the input guys.

I have a P22 and an HBII, both with piezo. Both have two outputs, one for piezo and the other for magnetic, although the magnetic jack serves both sets of pickups if you use only one cable. You can use two amps or just one. The piezo through a clean amp sounds spectacular.

P22 - If I'm feeling froggy or need to cover the complete acoustic / electric tone palate - I run the Mag side to the regular pedal board / amp and the Piezo to a Fishman Aura then to the PA. You could run the Fishman in to a Loud box or other acoustic amp.

You can run the combined signal right into a clean amp and it sounds pretty dang good too.

I set my rig up like Bryan with a volume pedal to control the electric side as he suggests:

Last edited by a moderator:
25th HB2 - acoustic out I use an AER acoustic amp or DI straight to desk and mag only to amp.

P22 - If I'm feeling froggy or need to cover the complete acoustic / electric tone palate - I run the Mag side to the regular pedal board / amp and the Piezo to a Fishman Aura then to the PA. You could run the Fishman in to a Loud box or other acoustic amp.

You can run the combined signal right into a clean amp and it sounds pretty dang good too.

I set my rig up like Bryan with a volume pedal to control the electric side as he suggests:

^^^THIS +1^^^

CE24 with a Graph Tech Ghost. I run it through an Axe FX Ultra (it can run 2 inputs with totally separate signal chains to one output).
Sounds incredible.

Beautiful, tasteful playing, and it really shows how versatile a system that guitar can be when utilized like that. Very nice job!

I use a Fishman Loudbox Mini. It is great for home use. I get a very nice sound running the mixed mag into the clean side of my PT100.

Hi, I just bought a P22 and want to confirm. So the mag input jack on the guitar accepts a TRS cable, and I can use a Tonebone PZ-Select pedal to then switch between piezo and 53/10 pickups? Thanks!

After watching that video, I really want a P22 now. I'd have to sell my beloved CS Telecaster to do so, and probably won't. But I'm tempted.

Beautiful finish on that PRS... Can I ask what color that is?

Back