PRS with Pearly Gates

Hmmm ... I thought all SEs and their guts were made in Korea. You mean, Paul Reed Smiths use Korean innards? You may well be correct; anything's possible in guitar world.
The S2 uses import pick ups, electronics, trem and tuners. But, the guitars are made, and assembled in Maryland.

if the pickups are the money attraction i would love to find a good deal on a prs with no pickups installed, like shefman’s tonare.

The S2 uses import pick ups, electronics, trem and tuners. But, the guitars are made, and assembled in Maryland.

Thanks for clarifying. My tuners do look like SEs; however, they work great, going on 5 years: My strings, once in tune, stay there. Guess Paul had to cut corners somewhere for a half-price Paul Reed Smith. Still great-looking, playing, and build. I would like a "Paul's Guitar," but cash-flow prevents it.

SEs can be even better value. IMO there really isn’t much difference at all between a good SE custom and S2s. Quality is pretty solid on pretty much all of them; well except for the few Indonesians that people complain about on here.

-k

Back