PRS Wiring Mods Resource Thread

Will that help?

Regarding the polarity, you probably should ask Fralin what polarity his pickups are
One more from me.

Similarly to my last one - this is also a 24-08 SE layout.

A few weeks ago, I helped a member of this forum to instal 85/15TCI pickups in his SE 24-08. Unfortunately, we did it the hard way with the new 3PDT mini-toggles (very hard to fit in due to limited spacing between them). The layout below is the easy way to do it. Like my layout above, I advise clipping off or removing the 820k resistor from the Volume potentiometer.

This layout will let you keep DPDT mini toggle switched (two-section type). The only difference lies in how the unused coil is isolated. In a core model, the unused coil in split mode is wholly removed from the circuit. In my layout, the unused coil is shorted to the ground. All functionality is the same, tonally should be no difference.

Awesome, Thank You

Hey Everyone,
New guy here but not new to PRS guitars. Was curious if anyone has a wiring diagram to wire the coil splits to one push/pull and have the other push/pull act as a phase switch. I wired one of my Les Pauls like this but was curious if anyone has done this on their PRS.
Appreciate the help!
Joe

Hey Everyone,
New guy here but not new to PRS guitars. Was curious if anyone has a wiring diagram to wire the coil splits to one push/pull and have the other push/pull act as a phase switch. I wired one of my Les Pauls like this but was curious if anyone has done this on their PRS.
Appreciate the help!
Joe
I did, and it sucked :) Happy to do a layout, but I need three days. I just clocked in for a run of shifts.

Edit: for what pickups and control layout?

I did, and it sucked :) Happy to do a layout, but I need three days. I just clocked in for a run of shifts.

Edit: for what pickups and control layout?
I was curious if the stock pick ups would work but I have a set of 57 classics I’ve been wanting to try out. Could you draw one up for the 57 classics? It would probably be similar to how my Les Paul is wired if I had to guess.
Thank you for the help!

I was curious if the stock pick ups would work but I have a set of 57 classics I’ve been wanting to try out. Could you draw one up for the 57 classics? It would probably be similar to how my Les Paul is wired if I had to guess.
Thank you for the help!
That's Gibson pickup, right? No problem. Just PM me the link to this thread, so I won't forget. Whats your control layout again?

Hi everyone, I'm a new user here and relatively new to the PRS guitar world! I had a Special Semi Hollow for a year or so now and it's one of my main guitars. I recently saw that PRS released a Modern Eagle V into the Core line up, and was wondering if anyone had the schematic for the wiring of this model. I would like to use the same one in my SSH because of the ability to use the middle pickup by itself in one of the settings. Thanks in advance!

Anyone have a good writing diagram to install PRS \m/(metal) pickups from a within the last 3 years model CU24 Floyd that a buddy of mine have me for a newer logo SE CU24 Floyd with 1 volume and a push/pull tone and 3 way blade switch?

They are 4 wire (red white black green) plus a braided bare shield.

I'll try to post a pic of the control cavity shortly with the pickup wire ends dangling.

326319502_898925851116191_2810902420413024955_n.jpg
325593103_710624793834621_6680519191425354374_n.jpg

No problem. Got an answer, but they left out the green wire (and obviously the braided shield wasn't mentioned).

I sent a reply but here's what I was given just FYI.

"Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. I have listed the wire colors for the Metal pickups below for your reference. I hope you find this information helpful.

Metal bridge pickup
Black = hot
White = ground
Red = coil split

Metal neck pickup
White = hot
Black = ground
Red = coil split

Regards,"

No problem. Got an answer, but they left out the green wire (and obviously the braided shield wasn't mentioned).

I sent a reply but here's what I was given just FYI.

"Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. I have listed the wire colors for the Metal pickups below for your reference. I hope you find this information helpful.

Metal bridge pickup
Black = hot
White = ground
Red = coil split

Metal neck pickup
White = hot
Black = ground
Red = coil split

Regards,"

I have certain idea of what it can be. It may be like the 85/15 & 58/15, where the coil split is not one joined cable but two separate wires. I'm sure this is the case. It still would be better if PRS could confirm this.

85/15 TCI Bridge:
- GREEN Screw/South coil Start
- RED Screw/South coil Finish
- WHITE Slug/North coil Start
- BLACK Slug/North coil Finish
- SILVER BARE or ORANGE wire - Chassis Ground / pickup shield

85/15 TCI Neck:
- RED Screw/South coil Start
- GREEN Screw/South coil Finish
- BLACK Slug/North coil Start
- WHITE Slug/North coil Finish
- SILVER BARE or ORANGE wire - Chassis Ground / pickup shield

I have certain idea of what it can be. It may be like the 85/15 & 58/15, where the coil split is not one joined cable but two separate wires. I'm sure this is the case. It still would be better if PRS could confirm this.
Thanks, I'm good on wiring now that they sent these updated wire color codes in case anyone else needs them for around 2021-2022 \m/ (metal) pickups.

Straightforward now with the correct wire color designations! Thanks to Matt at tech support and everyone here for offers and assistance!

"Ok understood. This should be the correct wire colors...

Bass (neck)
core wire = hot
white & green = coil split
red = ground

Treble (bridge)
core wire = hot
black & red = coil split
green = ground
"

Back