PRS vs non PRS

Steve's addiction

A couple months ago I got a wild hair and bought an Epiphone LP. Was pleasantly surprised how nice it was and sounded.... until today. Pulled out the LP and jammed around for a while and wondered how it stacked up to the 513. Well lesson learned. I thought the LP sounded good but the 513 is just lights out better sounding. I used the same settings for both guitars and though the LP was decent enough to gig with the 513 was just more articulate. I realize it wasn't a true LP but 513 was miles ahead in my humble opinion. I now really understand how good PRS'S are.

Hey Steve those guitars are really miles away not just in brand. But I do understand how the PRS really shines as they are a cut above in my humble opinion. Also different guitars I have found require different amp settings. I’m sure you could get a pretty decent sound playing around with the amp settings, that being said leave the LP in it’s case enjoy the 513! Ken

H'mmm ... I like the Kool Aid too . But a 513 is one of the few PRS Core, I ever got to fondle (it was used) . Is it really fair, to compare an Epiphone, to a Core PRS ?

Maybe a fairer "fight" would be the 513, to a USA Classic LP or whatever they call the around an $2,500 Gibson ...

I'm sure I would still like the 513 more (being DC and all, many more pickup options) l, but the comparison would be closer I would think ...

Never doubt the All Knowing!!!!!!!!!
carnac-1.jpg

Alembic Further and SE HB II Piezo are the two that are my fave killer tonez, and are completely different and kickass in sound.

Last month, I went to the guitar store to buy a Limited Edition, PRS SE Custom 22 Semi-hollow. I also tried a SE Hollowbody II, a Beautiful, Epiphone Limited Edition, ES335 and a Rivera, with mini-humbuckers. All were nice and unique guitars. I came home with the SE Hollowbody, because it sounded a lot better to me. YMMV!

Back