PRS VS Gibson VS Fender

The HBII had a lot more clarity than the SG. Hard to get an apples to apples comparison with the strat, since it's a vastly different guitar. Nicely done though, thanks for posting!

Strat here just to hear the difference btw full-size hum backer and stacked single.

Well, HBII definitely ment for clean, and it is very good in that, but i was surprised how also good it sounds on hi gain settings :)

HB will kill the SG. Years ago the singer from Sick Puppies told me that using the HB was a happy accident because it sound much more clear and full than a solid body when tuned down.

Yes, hollowbody sounds great with high gain. My intro to that was Incubus' Morning View album. Great tones.

Nice playing & tone.

Great album. That HB through Rectifier combination just sounded so killer on Morning View. Really wish he would start using PRS again, can't stand the way those PRS recorded songs sound on the various other guitars he's used on the years (Jazzmaster, Musicman, LP Lr, LP Jr).
Thanks, kind of tough to play on that low E tuned down to A# with the faster picked bridge but it still handled like a champ

Last edited by a moderator:
Great album. That HB through Rectifier combination just sounded so killer on Morning View. Really wish he would start using PRS again, can't stand the way those PRS recorded songs sound on the various other guitars he's used on the years (Jazzmaster, Musicman, LP Lr, LP Jr).
Thanks, kind of tough to play on that low E tuned down to A# with the faster picked bridge but it still handled like a champ
Yeah, I used a standard tuning with the lowest string tuned to A(having 2 A strings, lowest an octave down) and it can be pretty tough. Gotta a have a really light picking hand. If using that tuning regularly, it's nice to put a really heavy string on the low A.

Back