I’ve been over the birds for a long time so I’m glad the Vela has dots. Birds don’t really fit the vibe of the Vela IMHO and likely would have kept me from buying one, which would have been a tragedy. Having said that, I wouldn’t mind if birds were an *option* like they used to be back in the day when you could order a PRS with your choice of neck shape, birds or moons, 10 top or not, and choose from a ton of different colors. I miss those days.

It would be so cool to have options! I’m not sure if they leave anything option wise now for the s2 or CE line. Feels like it’s only dealer specific runs or rare one offs that veer away from a typical run.

I'm personally against options on the S2 level. It's just going to drive the price up more. The point as I understand the line iis to provide a lower cost instrument by streamlined manufacturing..

Now if a dealer wants to do a specific run that's obviously another story.

MzzrGnA.jpg

I love the Velas with birds!!

I would say keep your eyes peeled for a used reclaimed vela, you cannot go wrong with that guitar and it has the birds you are after :)
I'm sorry, but this is terrible advice. Those reclaimed things are made out rotted and termite infested barn wood and aren't fit to play. Plus, if you store one in your music room, the termites will get into your foundation and ruin your whole house. AVOID the "reclaimed" Vela's at all costs!!!

But, if you see a nice one for sale, PM me please.

I'm sorry, but this is terrible advice. Those reclaimed things are made out rotted and termite infested barn wood and aren't fit to play. Plus, if you store one in your music room, the termites will get into your foundation and ruin your whole house. AVOID the "reclaimed" Vela's at all costs!!!

But, if you see a nice one for sale, PM me please.
One simply must remove them from the market in order to save the innocent!

Here's one that I sold over a year ago. Then one day when perusing Craigs List, I saw a photo of the same guitar on my patio! The guy I sold it to used my photos in his listing. I ended up buying it back from him for the same price I sold it to him for. He got a free rental and I got my guitar back.

Back