PRS Values?

So, if seriously is indeed seriously...

If noone is selling something on ebay llike what you have then you have to wait for someone to sell something like what you are selling.

I have a headache :)

Basically Hans is saying that the only tool used to determine the rate for PRS (any high end guitar, really) is the current state of the market. Right now its a buyers market, with used prices being more than reasonable. That however changes, and prices can surge back up to the higher end of the spectrum. Between messageboard "For Sale" sections and eBay, you should be able to find at least one of the model you are looking for info on.

Also be sure to check "recently completed auctions" on your eBay search - that way you can see what they actually sold for, and not what they are sitting for sale at.

So, if seriously is indeed seriously...

If noone is selling something on ebay llike what you have then you have to wait for someone to sell something like what you are selling.

I have a headache :)

Going back to your original question... If it isn't on eBay (including completed auctions) then I doubt you'll find a definitive printed document concerning it's estimated value.

As the saying goes "a guitar is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it". That leaves one to consider the averages - which are best derived from actual sales - which are best found on eBay.

I once watched someone pay about $15k for a guitar that I would would have said was worth $6k. On the other hand, I watched a guy ask $35k for a Private Stock and sell it for 7K. All the while he was telling people the guitar would be worth $150k in 10 years. What it's worth to the seller has little impact (beyond hype) on what it's worth to the buyer.

So while it might sound like I'm dancing around the issue, I'm not. Give us more info so we can try to help you. Tell us what it is and we'll tell you what we know about it.

Yup. the best way to finid out any item's market value is to check COMPLETED listings on eBay. The prices in green are units that sold. Ones in red did not. Take an average of the greens and that's actual liquid streetprice.

Back