PRS USA Custom 22 & 24 - The Best Looking Guitars We Have Reviewed?

What a bizarre clique going on in this forum...

Please take care to avoid labeling an entire community based on your interaction with one.

I think you and Bill both have legitimate points. Thank you, in advance, for keeping it civil.

Another thing I would like to point out.
Apparently Andertons quit carrying the Maryland built line for awhile, but they have had the SEs in reviews before as I mentioned in my first post.
In case no one viewed the video on YouTube where you can drop down the list to see what the video is about, they claim the PRSs are the best looking guitars in their store.

Damn straight they are :D
Published on Jun 18, 2013

PRS USA Guitars have returned to Andertons and they are looking and sounding as great as ever. Rob and Lee give an overview of the entire range and explain the differences and options of each guitar.

Surely these have to be the best looking guitars we have had hanging on the wall.

Here we go, just uploaded a few minutes ago.

PRS USA Custom 24 vs PRS SE Custom 24
Here we have a showdown between a Maryland built and a South Korean built Custom 24.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't had a chance to listen to the whole half hour, but from the first 7-8 minutes, the tones sound immensely better than the last video to me. These guys always seem to sound better when they're having a serious jam. Got a nice Santana-esque thing going on. The USA's had a bit more depth but both sound killer here.

I think it did sound better too.
Lee's playing has really improved too over the past year.
His soloing can keep up with Rob's when doing bluesy stuff.

They did mention that they are not out to prove if a PRS is better than a Gibson Les Paul Standard (next video or the one after Paul's guitar), but they want to show the differences.
But you can see their excitement about playing both of these Custom 24s.

Here we go, just uploaded a few minutes ago.

PRS USA Custom 24 vs PRS SE Custom 24
Here we have a showdown between a Maryland built and a South Korean built Custom 24.

Tones are better but can these silly wankers at least get the neck specs right on these comparison videos. Chappers says "Pattern" is available on the Custom 24.

They mention a custom 24 vs a les paul standard video but I couldn't find it. Would be interested in seeing that (but yes, very different guitars I know).

Two more vids coming, Paul's guitar, and the Les Paul verses a PRS.
Those two are not uploaded yet..

Also doing the comparison Captain did not use the coil splitter on the tone knob for the SE.
I think he forgot it was there.

They need to get their details/specs in order when making the vids.
But I really enjoy their vids, and this last one got some great tonage going on.

New video just up, time for a showdown.
Gibson Les Paul Standard v PRS Custom 24 - Let's Fight!

Well... the PRS easily won in the jam for me, but I think that was partly because of Lee's amp tone, it was pretty dark so the CU22 had a lot more cut through the Orange. When they switched amps, the PRS sounded like it still had a bit more cut through the Fender than the LP did. But the LP did have a few moments that sounded pretty good too, to be fair.

I think when they swapped guitars later, Lee also played through the Orange for a short bit.
But I totally liked the Custom 22s sound better.

They also mislabled their video, it says Custom 24 in the title.
They were probably thinking of their prior video.

They did ask that they would like for a PRS employee to answer a question on intonation.

The Captain and Chappers got their hands on The Custom, Starla, and the Mira.

PRS S2 Guitars - Review of the Starla, Mira & Custom

The Mira S2 is my favorite sounding of the three.....I really really like it.

I love the Mira S2 the most as well, weirdly the S2 Custom 24 seem less favoured. Could be because it's too close to the SE model.
The Andertons duo never really studied the specs well enough before doing the reviews, but they sure can put up entertaining reviews after entertaining reviews. Love 'em a lot. :haha:

Yeah, sometimes they do not get all of the specs right, but I like the fact that they play too and swap guitars often in their videos so you can see how they sound.

Back