PRS USA Custom 22 & 24 - The Best Looking Guitars We Have Reviewed?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Not to often I see PRS vids from The Captain and Chappers.
They did one on the SE Custom 24 and the SE Tremonti Custom last year, but just a bit ago they uploaded a video of two Maryland made PRSs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always entertaining but they could work on their amp micing techniques. They aren't doing any of these brands any favors with some of tones they get on their demos.

I thought they sounded very good on my home computer, but then I have a Logitech Z680 5.1 speaker system hooked up to it.
They are having some more videos later which I will post to this thread with a Maryland built Custom 24 verses an SE Custom 24, and a 2013 Custom 22 verses a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
The latter one ought to be interesting.
Also a video of Paul's Guitar.

Wow, they want me to watch that with commercial breaks or watch a long ad beforehand?

Are they insane? That video essentially IS a commercial.

What's hilarious is that the ad it was going to force me to watch beforehand should I have chosen than option was for a competitor. I'm not sure they realise that as YouTube picks the ads, not them.

Anyway, I'm not watching it if that's the way they are going to play it...

What's hilarious is that the ad it was going to force me to watch beforehand should I have chosen than option was for a competitor. I'm not sure they realise that as YouTube picks the ads, not them.

Anyway, I'm not watching it if that's the way they are going to play it...

The ad before the video for me was for "5 Gum". The YouTube videos are probably more random than you think.... or geared more towards your personal history, which is a bit more disconcerting.

BTW, this whole forum is an ad for PRS. That's the way they are playing it.....

Last edited:
BTW, this whole forum is an ad for PRS. That's the way they are playing it.....

Yes, but I don't have to sit through ads before accessing the forum, or watch one every time I post. That's what's a bit silly... Anderton's are trying to make money from their YouTube plays themselves, rather than have the videos act as a referral to their website/shop where they will make money from sales. I think more people would be annoyed by that form of advertising rather than benefit from it - and you're right, it's entirely possible that it's serving ads based on what it thinks I'm interested in. So I'm getting an ad for a competitor's website. Unintended consequences! ;)

Yes, but I don't have to sit through ads before accessing the forum, or watch one every time I post. That's what's a bit silly... Anderton's are trying to make money from their YouTube plays themselves, rather than have the videos act as a referral to their website/shop where they will make money from sales. I think more people would be annoyed by that form of advertising rather than benefit from it - and you're right, it's entirely possible that it's serving ads based on what it thinks I'm interested in. So I'm getting an ad for a competitor's website. Unintended consequences! ;)

I went back and watched it again (different clickthrough) and this time got an ad for a movie trailer....

As for the video itself - considering that it was made and produced by a retail store, I'm missing why you are objecting to them wanting it to generate income for them in whatever fashion....

As for the forum, you are not forced to watch an ad to post, but I would argue that most of the posts you read are subliminal ads for PRS. By even just hosting the forum, PRS has it's foot firmly depressing every one's GAS pedal. Unless of course, you personally are immune - perhaps you have not seen a single picture of, video of or read a description of a PRS product here that you like.

I went back and watched it again (different clickthrough) and this time got an ad for a movie trailer....

As for the video itself - considering that it was made and produced by a retail store, I'm missing why you are objecting to them wanting it to generate income for them in whatever fashion....

As for the forum, you are not forced to watch an ad to post, but I would argue that most of the posts you read are subliminal ads for PRS. By even just hosting the forum, PRS has it's foot firmly depressing every one's GAS pedal. Unless of course, you personally are immune - perhaps you have not seen a single picture of, video of or read a description of a PRS product here that you like.

They can do whatever they want. I'm not objecting - I just won't watch their video. There are a zillion others on YouTube and there's nothing particularly special about what Andertons do in that arena.

We are bombarded with advertising all day every day and my time is too precious for tacked-on add-ons like that. I would RATHER spend time on forums interacting with other people who share a common interest. It may still be a marketing channel, yes, but at the very least it's one that we have some say into, and it's not dissimilar from hanging out with like-minded people at the pub discussing mutual interests. My friends might tell me they got a new guitar and it might stimulate my GAS too. Word of mouth is the same no matter what channel it's directed through.

Santos-Slider.gif

Eh? I don't get it.

I guess you don't do "discussion," you just post GIFs when you can't think of an actual argument?

Last edited:
No - you missed the point I made in the previous post and I decided I'd spent enough time on this.

I could continue in detail, but that would just make Blackbird post this:

Back