PRS Tuner

Love it. It seems a bit less exact than my Peterson clip on, which may be the settings (I haven't messed with anything on it). Not less accurate, just maybe less resolution in steps between notes. The fit to the PRS headstock alone is worth the price. Snug and secure, it is the only clip on tuner I have used that actually stays on the darned thing!

I like mine a fair amount except it seems like it always needs to be charged. I charge it full and less than a week later it needs to be charged, even if I haven’t used it.

i actually like it better than the polytune.

It’s rechargeable and sits more secure on the headstock so i can leave it while playing. Never felt like that was a good option with the polytune.

I like mine a fair amount except it seems like it always needs to be charged. I charge it full and less than a week later it needs to be charged, even if I haven’t used it.

Same experience here. Feels like it constantly needs recharged. I don't have a lot of experience w/clip-on tuners, especially rechargeable, so I don't know if this is normal for the type.

This has been my experience.
I have 2, one seems to last longer on a charge than the other.
The charging cable is close by all the time.

When it’s time to do some intonation they are not the tuners I reach for. Too much changing of modes.

Bob

I've only had mine for a handful of days and so far I really like it. It works great on a variety of headatocks too. I haven't had any recharge issues but it hasnt even been a week.

SO far, so good. I like how it fits to the headstock. Much better than the couple of other brands that I have used.

Works great on electric and acoustic and last a long time between charges, sure beats my battery eaters!!!

My headstock tuners are mainly what I use at home these days. I’m hardly ever plugged into a pedalboard at home. I have a snark and a cheap reverb.com that run on 2032 batteries. They seem to live quite awhile. Admittedly, I’m only playing about once a week these days. So if I grab the PRS and it dies quickly, I just grab a different one. I suppose I could just leave it on a charger all the time so it’s ready to go. Hopefully it doesn’t do any harm to the battery. I’m off work this week so I’ll hopefully get more time to play between working on projects at home. Will see how it goes.

U
My headstock tuners are mainly what I use at home these days. I’m hardly ever plugged into a pedalboard at home. I have a snark and a cheap reverb.com that run on 2032 batteries. They seem to live quite awhile. Admittedly, I’m only playing about once a week these days. So if I grab the PRS and it dies quickly, I just grab a different one. I suppose I could just leave it on a charger all the time so it’s ready to go. Hopefully it doesn’t do any harm to the battery. I’m off work this week so I’ll hopefully get more time to play between working on projects at home. Will see how it goes.
usually these charge devices need to be charge cycled or the batteries will stop charging after a while, even with lithium batteries. The best way to get the most out of it is to not leave it on the charger all the time. APV tip!

U

usually these charge devices need to be charge cycled or the batteries will stop charging after a while, even with lithium batteries. The best way to get the most out of it is to not leave it on the charger all the time. APV tip!
Yeah, that's my worry. If it's dead or close to dead every time I grab it though, not much use either. Maybe it's just not the ideal tuner for me I guess.

I've been using mine all week on the same charge with zero issue. I've used it quite a bit too. On one I've been swapping several pups in the bridge to see which I like the best with the neck.

I have the same battery issue. The battery drains with the power off.

Back