PRS Tuner

I'm not having any battery issues. I had a charge last a month with daily home use. My bigger issue is the swivel for the head unit. It's very loose and now rattles and flops around while attached and playing.

I'm going to have to pop it open to see about tightening it up somehow. 6 weeks later to behave like decades old tuner is disappointing.

I like mine a fair amount except it seems like it always needs to be charged. I charge it full and less than a week later it needs to be charged, even if I haven’t used it.
My tuner battery life was bad. I reached out to PRS Support at [email protected] yesterday and they replied today with an offer to send me a new tuner. PRS Rocks!!!

I’ve had mine on numerous occasions spontaneously shut off while tuning a guitar. Can’t quite figure out as to why. I think the snark is more reliable overall but the PRS is a lot easier to read in low lighting situations.

I’ve had mine on numerous occasions spontaneously shut off while tuning a guitar. Can’t quite figure out as to why. I think the snark is more reliable overall but the PRS is a lot easier to read in low lighting situations.

I've had this happen too. I thought I was losing my mind! I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. One minute I look at the tuner, then the strings, back to the tuner and its off. Weird.

I'm not having any battery issues. I had a charge last a month with daily home use. My bigger issue is the swivel for the head unit. It's very loose and now rattles and flops around while attached and playing.

I'm going to have to pop it open to see about tightening it up somehow. 6 weeks later to behave like decades old tuner is disappointing.

Same for us as well, the swivel came way loose and we ended up glueing it in place. Good tuner but the Polytune Clip or my Peterson Stroboclip are still my go to.

I have a hard time grasping PRS would put their name on such an item.
I would like to use the ones I have, but you can’t take them anywhere.
Yeah, I bought 2 of them. :-(

Bob

Even with rechargeable, the batteries will have to be replaced at some point. That's my main hang up with the tuner. Glad I waited for some field results before I bought one.

Love it. It seems a bit less exact than my Peterson clip on, which may be the settings (I haven't messed with anything on it). Not less accurate, just maybe less resolution in steps between notes. The fit to the PRS headstock alone is worth the price. Snug and secure, it is the only clip on tuner I have used that actually stays on the darned thing!

Where could I find the Instruction guide (English), I have lost mine. Thanks

Where could I find the Instruction guide (English), I have lost mine. Thanks
It’s odd, while they include a stack of pamphlets in various languages in the box I didn’t see a link to a manual anywhere on the web site. I took some pictures of mine. I hope that’ll get you whatever you’re looking for:
TdUsMw0.jpg

16nkG86.jpg
Ph9yAie.jpg
PDv2EmM.jpg

It’s odd, while they include a stack of pamphlets in various languages in the box I didn’t see a link to a manual anywhere on the web site. I took some pictures of mine. I hope that’ll get you whatever you’re looking for:
TdUsMw0.jpg

16nkG86.jpg
Ph9yAie.jpg
PDv2EmM.jpg
Thanks Bud!

The top line of the instructions should say: Return this tuner immediately and get one that works properly.

Quite disappointed with mine tbh. Not only is the way the display shows the string’s pitch ‘flakey’ but I have to charge it before every single use. If it worked properly it would be a great little thing.

Cherub is working well for my rookie needs, I just wish it was a USB-C rather than USB micro...

I just bought one of these after years of using another company's tuners. I liked the idea of the rechargeable battery. I thought the quality of a PRS tuner would be commensurate with the quality of a PRS guitar. I had just bought a ~$7,000 PRS guitar last weekend and as an after thought when I saw the box on display in the store I also bought the $29.99 tuner at the same time. Unfortunately, I was totally mistaken about my assumption of quality. The battery in this tuner seems to hold a charge for about a day or less. Every time I try to tune a guitar, it does not turn on because the battery is dead. This thing is absolutely useless. I am happy about every penny I put towards the guitar, but now I feel ripped off because of this tuner. I think the lesson here is to buy what PRS actually manufactueres, but do not buy what is manufactured by someone else. It is amazing how a company so focussed on quality could allow its name to be stamped onto this complete piece of junk.

I just bought one of these after years of using another company's tuners. I liked the idea of the rechargeable battery. I thought the quality of a PRS tuner would be commensurate with the quality of a PRS guitar. I had just bought a ~$7,000 PRS guitar last weekend and as an after thought when I saw the box on display in the store I also bought the $29.99 tuner at the same time. Unfortunately, I was totally mistaken about my assumption of quality. The battery in this tuner seems to hold a charge for about a day or less. Every time I try to tune a guitar, it does not turn on because the battery is dead. This thing is absolutely useless. I am happy about every penny I put towards the guitar, but now I feel ripped off because of this tuner. I think the lesson here is to buy what PRS actually manufactueres, but do not buy what is manufactured by someone else. It is amazing how a company so focussed on quality could allow its name to be stamped onto this complete piece of junk.

Contact Customer Service. They’ve been excellent about replacing these - and doing it quickly. I had mine for quite a while before I requested the replacement, and the process was hassle free. I’ve had the replacement now for about two months. Still working on the first charge.

Back